Thread: DVD Recorder and Hard Drive 1TB Sata not recognized by Vista

DVD Recorder and Hard Drive 1TB Sata not recognized by Vista

Hello,
    I recently installed Vista on my pc on a blank hard disk from a version update!
    Before I had XP on the hdd with 2 other hdd (1 of 500GB and 1TB of 1) document, but from a Vista disconnected I have nothing to lose and then wanting the reconnected the computer to detect the the bios in the device management and the management of disks, but only one is operational from 500GB to 1TB as not.
    In disk management yet it marks is operational but apparently I must be formatted to "walk" (act as if it was nine) but the thing is I do not want to format it in order not to lose my documents (approx. 550Gb)
    on the drive / dvd recorder that is about the same thing when it is connected and recognized by the pc in the bios, the pc bah stuck on page load (green bar on a black background at the start of pc) and if I disconnect any problems and if I put it to slave bah it is not detected

thank you in advance for your suggestions!
    Blessings to you

Re: DVD Recorder and Hard Drive 1TB Sata not recognized by Vista

in the RAID bios is unchecked ? All are SATA hard drive if so, the main log on to the SATA 0 motherboard. If IDE, attention to master and slave jumpers.

hi, did you try to connect the disk 1T in place of the 500G (SATA connector). verify that the sata port used for the DD is in "ide".

Thank you for your answers!

I just checked in the bios and yes the RAID mode is off (disable). I change the location of my hdd on SATA ports: I put the key on the S-ata 0 Primary. And 500GB hdd on the S-ata 2 primary and on the 1TB HDD S-ATA 2 secondary

but nothing happens it is still not available in state, I think I'll have to use a PC running XP or another to make the transfers to backup everything and then format it.

ps: I try to interchange between the port and 500GB hdd as 1TB but it did not change anything (hdd been all my s-ata primary)
    Blessings to you

instead of using it in windows xp why dont you try it on live cd of ubuntu. i hope this helps.

if I partition my main hdd and if I put ubuntu on the partition do you think my hdd will be recognized? if so I will gladly for my drive I think not!
    I wonder if my problems do not come because I have Vista before I connected 'equipment (it worries me because I was soon changed processor' and graphics card .. and can also be motherboard).

I installed Vista but I did not activate (I-mode 30 days) that can come from there? (I have not yet returned the key because I wanted everything to be impact before doing so in case I should re-install / / we can never be too careful
    Blessings to you

Not installed Ubuntu but you can already recover your data because the Live CD allows for a temporary OS loaded on the RAM or a portion of hard disk without installation. You should already have access to your BB with the Live CD.

I install daemon tool using Ubuntu on my main hdd, I just opened the session and I can actually access my 1TB HDD! good I guess on Vista it will be inaccessible so I'll be able to make transfers is already something. then thank you for your suggestions. thank you very much.
    Blessings to you