Thread: Upgraded to vista from XP, and no sound!

Upgraded to vista from XP, and no sound!

Hi everyone,

I have just upgraded to vista from XP and have no sound, my sound device is being picked up and says it is working properly, i have also upgraded the driver to the latest and best for my computer but it is still not giving out any sound, i have noticed that when i play sound and look at the device, it shows that sound is coming out but it isn't.

My sound driver is:

Microsoft gs software wavetable synthesizer

It is shown as a Digital Output Device (SPDIF) High Definition Audio Device.

Could someone please give me some help?

Please let me know if you need any more info,

I know i have allready posted this in another thread, i just don't know which is the right thread to post this issue in.

Thanks,

Re: Upgraded to vista from XP, and no sound!

Which is your sound device? Which manufacturer i mean? is it onboard? if yes then which motherboard is it?

You have not installed your sound driver! Make sure you install your Sound Driver!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudra.J View Post
    Which is your sound device? Which manufacturer i mean? is it onboard? if yes then which motherboard is it?

I think the manufacturer is Microsoft.

And the motherboard is: Intel(R) Celeron M

Quote Originally Posted by RV View Post
    You have not installed your sound driver! Make sure you install your Sound Driver!
    Im sure i have my sound driver installed but can you tell me how to check to be certain?

thanks

To Check that driver is installed or not go in Device Manager. To go in device manager-
    right click on My Computer
    Select Properties
    Click On Hardware Tab
    Click on Device Manager
    then check that is there any Yellow mark before name of device that indicates that drivers are not installed. If there is no mark it seems to be wrong drivers installed.go to manufacturer site and download correct driver for your model.

Microsoft is a Software Firm, it doesn't make sound card! Intel can be the motherboard manufacturer, [Celeron M is a Processor by intel]
    Go to the Device manager as explained above and see if your sound driver is installed [high defination audio driver] if its not installed then u must see something like "Multimedia Audio Device" written in yellow question mark. If there is a speaker's image with a yellow exclamation that means your sound driver is not installed properly. you can alse check what is your sound driver and other hardware details with the "msinfo32" command. type the command in command prompt or in run dialog box from start menu. make sure you run the command without quotes. After running the command do wait for a few seconds so that system information starts. All the best!

Hi here is an image of the details on my sound driver, according to the system information, it is made by microsoft, so how can i get a software compatable for it to work?

I will need another snapshot of the same. the PNP Device ID is not full [ it is truncked]. make sure the Device ID is full. I can provide you with the Download link for your driver. You can also find the same Device ID from Device Manager. Goto device manager, right-click on the "High Defination Audio Device" then click properties. Now click on the "Details Tab". There will be the Device ID selected in the dropdown box and below will be the Device ID. You cannot edit it, just click on the ID below and press CTRL+C to copy now your Device ID is copied now paste it here. I will surely help you if i can find your Device ID. It helps to determine the sound manufacturer and model.
    All the best!

Hi thank you for helping me,

I didn't find "Device Id" but i found "Matching Device Id", im not sure if thats the same thing or what you wanted but here is the info:

hdaudio\func_01

If this was the wrong information please tell me and ill get the right one,

Thanks,

Thanks everybody for the help,

But i have got it fixed now, what i did is i disabled my current audio driver and found out who my manufacturer was and it was realtek, so i downloaded the realtek's vista high def audio driver and installed and i now have sound!

Thanks,