Thread: CPU temperature monitoring

CPU temperature monitoring

I need a program to obtain the temperatures for cpu in Windows Vista. I've tried speedfan and that isn't working.

Re: CPU temperature monitoring

Try HWMonitor is a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors : voltages, temperatures, fans speed.

The program handles the most common sensor chips, like ITE® IT87 series, most Winbond® ICs, and others. In addition, it can read modern CPUs on-die core thermal sensors, as well has hard drives temperature via S.M.A.R.T, and video card GPU temperature.

You can also use Real Temp - It is a temperature monitoring program designed for all Intel single Core, Dual Core, Quad Core and Core i7 processors. Each core on these processors has a digital thermal sensor (DTS) that reports temperature data relative to TJMax which is the safe maximum operating core temperature for the CPU.

Coretemp is also a good software !! The ever popular Core Temp utility by ALCPU as recently received a major overhaul from its previous versions, with a completely rewritten base code including support for things like Core i5 processors and real-time TDP monitoring for Core i7 processors.

In addition, the utility has received backup from Japan-based Scythe Co., Ltd., A manufacturer of choice among many enthusiasts for fans and other cooling accessories.

The following processor series are supported:

AMD: Phenom, Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2, Athlon 64 FX, Turion 64, Turion 64 X2, Sempron (K8-based), Single Core Opteron revision from SH-C0 (K8-based), Dual Core Opteron, quad-core Opteron (K10-based)

Intel: Core i7 (Nehalem), Atom, Core Solo, Core Duo, Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Extreme, Celeron-M 400 and 500, Celeron E1000, Pentium E2000, E2100, E2200, E5000, Dual Core Low Voltage Xeons, Xeon 3000, 3200, 3300, 5100, 5300, 5400

I have tried both and its reporting temperatures about 5 degrees lower than CoreTemp.

every damp program gives different results?!

Which program can I trust? CoreTemp or Real Temp - which is right?

You can download the Speedfan software, you can also search for a software on www.download.com.

However, I would suggest you to look for the software in the Utility disc that you got with your computer. So you wont have to worry about compatibility issues. Nearly all motherboard manufacturers supply sensing software with their products.