Thread: Master IDE HDD Not Detected

Master IDE HDD Not Detected

Hello everyone,

I met this little problem when I start my pc: At startup,It Does Some Ram Testing Then it stop the launch with the following message:

NO HDD DETECTED IDE, press F1.

F1 and I do not worry there, I go easily to windows (XP home edition 32).
    I have no other worries, apart from the fact that I am continually forced to press F1. How to fix this little problem? I said that my hard drive is a SAMSUNG 400 GB, SATA logged in on my motherboard. So I have no IDE port, except for my floppy drive. Could it come from my Jumpers misconfigured? I tried to master in the master and slave in my readers, as well as operating other combinations but to no avail ... I have two DVD drives-also connected SATA if that helps ...

Here is my complete config:

• Webcams Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000
    • Hard Drives Samsung 400Go 7200 RPM S-ATA II 8MB (SpinPoint T133)
    • RAM PC6400 2048MB Corsair XMS2 TwinX CL4 (2x1024Mo)
    • Processors INTEL Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz BOX
    • Motherboards Asus P5B-Plus Vista Edition
    • Graphics card Prolink Pixelview GeForce 8500 GT 512MB
    • Keyboards Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Revolution
    • DVD Nec ND-3550 Black OEM (x2)

Thank you.

Re: Master IDE HDD Not Detected

Hello ,Your hard disk may be set as a slave rather than a master, there is usually a jumper on the drive to configure this.It could also be that the boot order in the BIOS is wrong.Configuring an IDE drive to be either Master or Slave is done with the jumper pins on the drive, these pins are nearly always between the Power connector and the IDE ribbon cable connector. Each manufacturer has different pin configurations for either Single drive in a computer, Master or Slave. Most often Single drive and Master are the same setting. You simply determine the jumper settings from the hard drive manufacturer's web site, from the installation manual or right on the drive label, such as this:

Hi , you can try disconnecting all IDE devices and run setup... make sure all your BIOS settings are at default make sure you set the HD to master and connect it as 0 then boot... dont connect any other IDE's till you get a boot from the HD, if the HD wont boot with the config Ive described then your board isnt set properly or there is a fault with it.

Hello , Well In the system BIOS you can select a boot order e.g. floppy, IDE 0, CDROM etc...I'm assuming that your motherboard has both PATA and SATA and the default boot order is using PATA which you don't have, so it gives an error then proceeds to the next device SATA which you do have so all is well.Hope you know how To Change Boot order

Thanks guys I finally solve my problem, and here's how:

I first tried a CLEAR CMOS, Which did nothing serious, then . I reconfigured my Bios and everything is in order. Moreover, in doing so, surprise! In the menu of boot options, I see ACTIVATING F1 on error [on]I have therefore disabled. When I restarted my PC, my famous message "press F1 ... blablabla" has disappeared and my windows started normally ...
    In any case, thank you Guys for Coming to my rescue!