Thread: Problem in RAID Setup For ASUS P5Q

Problem in RAID Setup For ASUS P5Q

hi there

I have just finished configuring my new computer system. Unless when it came at installing RAID levels. The problem arrived at level 1 and thus cannot install further......
    My RAID 0 is not able to accept during installation procedures. My Motherboard is ASUS P5Q series.

Please help me in installing RAID 0 as it will not proceed further

your views will be appreciated

Re: Problem in RAID Setup For ASUS P5Q

For XP, you'll have to install them when you install XP, as in press F6 to install drivers at the beginning.

plug the sata connectors into any slot really, i use 3 and 4 and set HDD type from IDE to RAID. Then press Ctrl+I i believe when it prompts you to and create a RAID volume there.

First you will need to download the RAID drivers and put them on a floppy for XP.

Then install the HDDs, set the SATA mode to RAID and reboot. Then hit the [CTRL + I] to entrer the RAID utility. From within the utility, follow the instructions to create a RAID 0 (or stripping). Set the block size to 128k (seems to be the best performance), then create the RAID.

Then reboot, boot from the install XP disk. Right away you will see "Press F6 to Load 3rd Party Drivers". So press F6, then it will continue loading. Eventually a screen will come up asking you to hit "S" to specify drivers. Put in the Floppy RAID Driver disk and press"S". Then select the RAID Drivers from the list, then hit enter to load. You will then be asked to specify additional drivers, or hit enter to continue with XP installation. Hit enter and continue loading XP as you would any other installation.

If you don't have a floppy, you can slipstream the drivers into the install disk.

After installation of the OS, you can install the Intel RAID Matrix Manager and enable write-back caching.

Please fill in your user cpu specifications so people can see what you have,its at the top of page,vista is really simple no drivers needed as said above,xp you do need them,but seems like no one spends the 7.00 for a floppy drive anymore i always do just for stuff like this.One time pays for itself even if you buy a usb floppy.

when u setup a raid, u need TWO identical HDs? also this will SPEED up the hdds write and read benchmarks.

Re: Problem in RAID Setup For ASUS P5Q

yes you can use 2 raptors in raid 0 configuration with OS loaded on it. Just use the Intel Raid controller(red ports) on that board and follow instructions on the manual and you should be okay.