Thread: SMPS Fan Make noise when computer started after long time

SMPS Fan Make noise when computer started after long time

Hello,

My SMPS fan make huge noise when I start PC but after booting or say 1 min the noise get stopped. I checked for air or rotation, it works properly.

What should I do?

Thanks
    Sachin

Re: SMPS Fan Make noise when computer started after long time

Have a look at this thread: Noisy Smps Fan

This problem is usually caused by dry bearing, clean the fan first then look carefully for a smal round cap (usually under the info. sticker), put a drip of machine oil in there. that should fix your problem.

Fans located throughout the inside of the computer help to dissipate the large amount of heat generated by the CPU, the power supply and other components. Noisy fans are an indication that they are not working properly which means that heat may be building up inside the computer - a potentially damaging scenario.

Follow these steps to determine why one or more of these fans may be making loud or strange noises.

Here's How:
    1. Clean the CPU fan.

2. Clean the power supply fan.

3. If the noise persists and can be narrowed down to the CPU fan, replace the CPU fan.

4. If the noise persists and can be narrowed down to the fan inside of the power supply, replace the power supply.

Note: Due to safety concerns, it is never recommended to open the power supply and replace only the fan. I always recommend that the entire power supply be replaced instead.

5. Many fans in perfect working order will simply get louder as the system gets hotter. In this case, it may be necessary to move your PC to a cooler area.

6. If moving the PC is not an option, you may need to invest in more powerful fans or in a more advanced cooling system like liquid cooling.

Source: pcsupport.about.com

Try cleaning it , and be very careful inside the case! Can you try running your computer (don't touch the inside while it's running) with the side open to see what's happening to the SMPS fan ? Its most likely the fan inside, you can open the PSU up....clear some dust and crap away and try it again.

first let me ask you, you are using assembly system or Company like HP or Dell.

Most probably Assembly system has this kind of issue.if You are using company product go and log complain with service center.

Most common reason for this problem that you are using high hard disk & memory with lower processor or bios mother board (comparatively).check with your vendor with whom you purchased.

also check fan setting is there any cable is touching but i m pretty sure issue with processor... I face this issue long time back..... so i know... go and tell your vendor plz check and replace component according to it.

I just had the same problem.

Its most likely the fan inside...

You CAN open the PSU up....clear some dust and crap away and try it again...that was a temporary fix for me, but eventually the noise came back.

So I just turned the fan speed down as low as it could go and left it as is....eventually one night the noise became as loud as ever and (as I got used to it) I didnt even notice it completely stopped.

Hello,

Thank You all for replying.

here is also I found Youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1QeHcRn-SI

Thanks
    sachin