Thread: HP Printer Cannot Print Pdf Files

HP Printer Cannot Print Pdf Files

Hello, Everybody

I have a problem with my HP PSC 1410 printer. Actually, My printer is Working fine print all the files except the pdf files I dont know why it obly refuses to print PDF files.Will you please help me about what can I or how to proceed so that It prints Pdf Files ? So please give some good suggestion . Thanks you in advance

Re: HP Printer Cannot Print Pdf Files

Remove registry entries for printer drivers
    Remove the potentially problematic printer driver subkeys, which may be interfering with the printer you want to use. These may have been installed by third-party printer setup programs. Use the following steps to keep the printer driver and registry entries that came with Windows on your computer and remove all others that may be causing issues.

1. Start Registry Editor if it is not open. To do this, click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then expand the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers
    3. The registry entries for the printer drivers that are installed on the computer are stored in the Version-x subkey or subkeys, where x is a number (typically 2 or 3).
    4. Export the Version-x subkey or subkeys. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the File menu, click Export.
      • In the File Name box, type the name that you want to use for this key, such as print driver, and then click Save.

5. Expand the Version-x subkey or subkeys, and then delete the printer driver entries. To do this, right-click each printer driver subkey, and then click Delete. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the deletion.

Download Critical update to fix Best mode printing from here
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...tem=oj-31870-3

If you have just recently re-installed Adobe, I would suggest checking your hp officejet printer is still the default printer....adobe sometimes makes printer preferences default to pdf rather than the printer.attempt to print a simple text piece just to make sure and if this does print to printer as you want, then check the printing preferences in Adobe.

Quote Originally Posted by shakira View Post
    Hello, Everybody

I have a problem with my HP PSC 1410 printer. Actually, My printer is Working fine print all the files except the pdf files I dont know why it obly refuses to print PDF files.Will you please help me about what can I or how to proceed so that It prints Pdf Files ? So please give some good suggestion . Thanks you in advance
    Some PDF creation programs allow the file creator to deny printing
    privileges.try any other software for printing

Try this: In 'Advanced' preferences in the Acrobat print dialog box. Under PostScript Options, select 'Send for Each Page' for 'Font and Resource Policy'. Works for Mac and PC versions. This will hold as the default going forward. Hope that helps,it fixed my woes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
    Remove registry entries for printer drivers
    Remove the potentially problematic printer driver subkeys, which may be interfering with the printer you want to use. These may have been installed by third-party printer setup programs. Use the following steps to keep the printer driver and registry entries that came with Windows on your computer and remove all others that may be causing issues.

1. Start Registry Editor if it is not open. To do this, click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then expand the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers
    3. The registry entries for the printer drivers that are installed on the computer are stored in the Version-x subkey or subkeys, where x is a number (typically 2 or 3).
    4. Export the Version-x subkey or subkeys. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the File menu, click Export.
      • In the File Name box, type the name that you want to use for this key, such as print driver, and then click Save.

5. Expand the Version-x subkey or subkeys, and then delete the printer driver entries. To do this, right-click each printer driver subkey, and then click Delete. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
    Hi - I've had the same problem. However, I can't quite follow all these commands! I got as far as the folders with teh printer drivers, but I do not know how to identify the version-x (3 in my case) subkeys... Please advise, and assume NO knowledge whatsoever!

Many thanks in advance

Andy

smile Re: HP Printer Cannot Print Pdf Files

Thanks Landry! I was having this same problem on a networked Xerox printer. Everyone else could print PDFs except me. Your fix worked like a charm, without any registry edits or deinstallations of anything. [Hey I registered on this site just to tell you thanks for helping me. Forums rock!]

Quote Originally Posted by Landry View Post
    Try this: In 'Advanced' preferences in the Acrobat print dialog box. Under PostScript Options, select 'Send for Each Page' for 'Font and Resource Policy'. Works for Mac and PC versions. This will hold as the default going forward. Hope that helps,it fixed my woes.