Thread: No Beep, No Display, when powered on?

No Beep, No Display, when powered on?

hi,
    I have Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 1333MHz,Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3,SAPPHIRE HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E,Samsung S-Ata, 2x 160GB, Samsung 1x 500GB,DDR2 Unbuffered DIMM ECC and Non-ECC ( 240pin).i have big problem I power on, all LEDs (on the mobo, on the chasis, optical drives, HDD) are on. All fans are running PSU, CPU, chassis, even the fan on the video card,but the monitor is not receiving a signal, and I'm not receiving any beeps.

What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!

Re: No Beep, No Display, when powered on?

I have Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 1333MHz,Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3,SAPPHIRE HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E,Samsung S-Ata, 2x 160GB, Samsung 1x 500GB,DDR2 Unbuffered DIMM ECC and Non-ECC ( 240pin).i have big problem I power on, all LEDs (on the mobo, on the chasis, optical drives, HDD) are on. All fans are running PSU, CPU, chassis, even the fan on the video card,but the monitor is not receiving a signal, and I'm not receiving any beeps.
    have you tested the PSU. try to test the video card or RAM in a different computer.Maybe the speaker is broken not receving any beep codes...

As the fan of the processor is directed in such a way, it blows all the heat over Graphics card(I hope nVidea in your case, ) so in long run there are possible chances of garphics card burn-out.For POST isues, I like to remove all other componentry, and just leave CPU, RAM and Motherboard connected to power and ready. System should be able to complete POST if these components work fine.

hi,
    i had the same problem. in my case only the system fan worked,the hard drive and the DVD. I tried a different (working) CPU, and the original CPU worked fine on another motherboard.Tried a different power supply, memory, graphics card, still nothing. I just cautiously popped out what seemed the be the BIOS chip, cleaned the pins 0n the chip and on the motherboard and carefully replaced the chip. The system booted fine after that.