Thread: Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Hard drive is too Noisy

Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Hard drive is too Noisy

hi there..........
    I have been noticing from a lot of time, as when i copy a lot of files my Samsung Spinpoint F1 1Tb Hard drive makes a lot of noise. And its really annoying. Then after a while every 10 seconds it keeps making the same kind noise. Also when i try to boot up my computer i do hear it in a quite louder way. Its really an expensive Hard drive drive and i have a lot of important stuff on it; So i can't just be an audience, I have to stop it completely....

so please provide me some important steps for it.........

Re: Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Hard drive is too Noisy

The product you are talking about assures noise free performance.....
    Stiil you are facing problem then Run free hard drive diagnostic software, already available on most PCs or available on the Internet.

Or else download more advanced diagnostic software which is available on internet from third party software developers.

these software not only provide you informationregarding noise but also provide a basic statistical information regarding your hard drive life

hi .........

There are Hard Drive diagnostic software available on internet which will only mark the areas of the hard drive that are failing or we can say bad and to prevent the computer from using them in the future. It will not truly fix a hard drive that is physically failing.

If any corrections made by the diagnostics software, then they do not temporarily resolve the hard drive noise, Try to do a complete backup of your system and replace the hard drive immediately if it's in warranty and if not then buy a new one.

If the diagnostics software helps you resolve the noises keep in mind that this is only a temporary solution. Chances are, the hard drive will continue to fail until it is completely unusable. The permanent solution is to do a complete backup of your system and replace the hard drive as soon as possible.

Check this one:

Seagate creates two free hard drive testing software programs SeaTools for DOS and SeaTools for Windows. While both diagnostic tools are excellent, they are different.

SeaTools for DOS is more powerful but is difficult to install and only supports Seagate and Maxtor hard drives. SeaTools for Windows is not a full featured but tested on more drive brands and is much easier to install.

Both programs are completely free and I highly recommend them. If you suspect that your hard drive may be failing, one or both of these tools from Seagate will help you determine what's actually happening to your hard drive.

Two versions are available depending on needs. Both versions are easy to use once installed. SeaTools for Windows tests hard drives no matter the manufacturer SeaTools for DOS contains a highly useful "acoustic test" for noise troubleshooting. SeaTools for DOS is OS independent so it's automatically compatible with ALL operating systems.

If you want to take my suggestion then i will prefer to visit the below provided link and download any one of the provided software on that site.........

http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm#DFT