Thread: Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility problem

Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility problem

Hi, I'm using Dell Wireless 1510 Wireless WLAN Card. When i configure network via Dell Control Point i can connect to Wi-Fi successfully but can't via Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility. The checkbox of "Let this tool manage your wireless networks" in this utility is grayed out and also options in the "Preferred network connections" grayed out. How do I enable these options? Thanks for any help

Re: Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility problem

• Click on Start-->Run and type in services.msc
    • Right-click on the service called Dell Wireless WLAN Utility and click on Properties.
    • For the Startup type select Enable (if disable is selected).

A problem can arise when both utilities are enabled and both of them are trying to manage your wireless networks. The solution is to disable one of the utilities. We recommend that you disable the Dell utility and let Windows manage your wireless networks.
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (3.6GHz, 1.44v) with TR Ultra 120E,
    Gigabyte GA-EX38-DQ6 v1.1, 4GB G.Skill PI 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1v ,
    Powercolor ATI HD4870X2 2GB, 4x SATA2 500GB Samsung HDD RAID 10,
    Creative X-Fi, Dell 2408WFP A01 24" LCD,
    Acer P221w 22" LCD,
    Corsair HX-1000 Watt PSU,
    Vista 64-bit.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

As i googled i found this solution for you, Opened the "Dell Control Point" software. Selected "Connection Manager". Clicked on the "Connections" button. Selected "Profiles". Selected "Change Settings". Selected "Program Settings". This will display a dialog with a group named "Available technologies" then deselect the Wi-Fi check box. This will then disconnect you from the internet (as expected) but then when you'll open the WLAN card utility software the option to "Let this tool manage your wireless networks" will enable and you could successfully add manage wireless network using the WLAN utility.

Hello, I'm hoping I can find some help with my laptop problem. I have a Dell Studio 1737 and am having a problem connecting to the internet. I have a wireless system set up at home which is working fine but when I try and connect to the internet I get a message stating "Not connected to the internet".

I opened up the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility and did a Hardware Diagnostic and everything passed. When I attempted a Connection Diagnostic the Gateway IP Ping passed but the Internet IP Ping failed. I didn't make any setting changes and cannot figure out what is wrong. Has anyone else had this issue and were you able to find a solution? Thanks for your help.