Thread: D:\ is not accessible Incorrect function

D:\ is not accessible Incorrect function

I have bought a new computer, but put the old dvd (not very old,

ASUS drw 1608p scsi - so my concern the properties). the problem is

absurd! and can already read CD and DVD, can not play a DVD, but if an empty CD

or DVD and do I open or explore writes d: \ is not accessible - incorrect function. The only thing I can do is to write the files with NERO

I do not think that is a problem with the brand because when the DVD is written

read. I tried to do update drivers DVD, but I think

there is nothing new from the already established.

On properties and I vga that this device works normally.

Also When I click on a file, such as photo and

choose send to ... vga all my other than D: \

so you can not write a cd me to windows media player, nor with

the problem is resolved.

The computer with already installed Windows Pro. The parent is ASUS p5b, intel core duo 2.1, nvidia 7600 graphics card and have the Alcohol.

No idea;;;

Re: D:\ is not accessible Incorrect function

Hi Vishal,

Follow the below steps :

1 Insert the writable CD into your computer.

2. In the CD Drive dialog box, click Open writable CD folder , and then click OK.

3. Windows XP displays an Explorer window showing the blank CD. Leave this window
    open, and open a new Explorer window containing the files you want to copy to the
    CD. For example, open My Documents by clicking Start, and then clicking My Documents.

4. Select the folders or files you want to copy to the CD. To select multiple files,
    hold down the CTRL key, and click each file. Right-click the selected files, and
    then click Copy.

5. Switch back to the Explorer window showing the blank CD. Click the Edit menu,
    and then click Paste. Windows XP prepares the files to be written to the CD, but
    does not yet write them to the CD.

6. Repeat steps 3-5 to add more files to the CD. Writable CDs can store about 700
    megabytes (MB) of data. If you have more than 700 MB of data to write, you will need
    to use multiple CDs.

7.When you have added all the files you want to copy, click the File menu, and then
    click Write these files to the CD.

8.Windows XP opens the CD Writing Wizard. Type a name for the CD, and then click
    Next.

You may have a CD creating program like Roxio CD Creator or Nero that has grabbed hold of the CD Drive on startup and won't let anyone else use it. Do you have such a program loaded on your machine? If so, go to START | RUN and type 'msconfig' without the quote in the text box and press the RETURN key. Once you're in there, look under the STARUP tab for anything that looks like it belongs your CD creating program and uncheck it.

I found a fix, how this helps!!

I am running XP Professional SP2 and then SP3
    My dvd drive worked great until sp2, I read installing sp3 would fix it, it did not. Then I tried to delete the upper and lower filters, nothing. I tried uninstalling the disk drives, nothing. I tried changing the values in the HOTKEYS, nothing. I always got "Drive:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function"
    After searching for days on end to find a "fix" for not being able to write data to a blank dvd without software I came across the reason. Windows XP, for some messed up reason, did not support dvd writing. But now as of July 23, 2009 they do. This is the first thing I have found to work.

You must install two things KB932716 and Windows Feature Pack for Storage. Both found on this page in the first box. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...57(VS.85).aspx I hope this puts an end to most peoples suffering like it did mine.

Hi guys i have a client server 2003 computer that gives the D:\ is not accessible Incorrect function error when a blank cd/dvd is inserted in the drive. It does read the data from already written discs perfectly.
    I have tried replacing the drive but it still gives the same error, I have also tried using a different sata port on the motherboard but still no change. I also tried uninstalling it in device manager and re-installing it again, but still no effect, also tried changing the drive letter of the drive, but also still no effect.

Roxio is installed on the computer but it is not enabled in the startup services.
    My boss now wants me to update the server's firmware, but i know there has to be an easier way to fix this.

Please if anyone has any idea on how to fix this problem please let me know as soon as possible.
    I will keep looking if i cant find a solution for it and post back if i succeed.