Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Drive is detected but was not connected ...

Hardware Peripherals

Old 30-01-2009

Drive is detected but was not connected ...

hi,
For some time the problem plaguing me ..
My drives:
Philips SPD6005T
Plextor PX-116A3
It is quite normal in every workplace that they are both ready (according to the device properties) and it works perfectly well otherwise. When I booted the PC, I put a CD, it will read, etc. But after a while comes at a time the error message. "The device is not connected".
The Philips drive reads the CD is simply no longer a ... But without an error message if you double-click. If I reboot the PC again, do they work properly again. Mean, from time to time. Because there is sometimes referred to above problem even after rebooting.
I have just renewed the complete hardware, everything worked. The Philips drive is also new, more than half a year. This should be mentioned that my fans, if the PC is turned off 3-4 hours.

Thank you in advance!!

Old 30-01-2009

Re: Drive is detected but was not connected ...

Quote:
I have just renewed the complete hardware, everything worked. The Philips drive is also new, more than half a year.
What was all exchanged? If the OS reinstalled? LWs firmware update.
Old 31-01-2009

Re: Drive is detected but was not connected ...

Quote:
hi,
For some time the problem plaguing me ..
My drives:
Philips SPD6005T
Plextor PX-116A3
It is quite normal in every workplace that they are both ready (according to the device properties) and it works perfectly well otherwise. When I booted the PC, I put a CD, it will read, etc. But after a while comes at a time the error message. "The device is not connected".
The Philips drive reads the CD is simply no longer a ... But without an error message if you double-click. If I reboot the PC again, do they work properly again. Mean, from time to time. Because there is sometimes referred to above problem even after rebooting.
I have just renewed the complete hardware, everything worked. The Philips drive is also new, more than half a year. This should be mentioned that my fans, if the PC is turned off 3-4 hours.
Fans cleaned and checked?

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,