Thread: Disk Boot Error

Disk Boot Error

hi,
    i have
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GC-SLISW
    Video card: A 7600 gt manufactured by pny.
    Ram: 4 corsair cmx512 [512mb]
    hdd : Seagate Hard drive 160 GB
    Powersupply: Raidmax atx12v
    I cant be sure about the cpu, all I know is that it's made by amd.
    I had to do a system recovery due to my system looping during boot up after installing windows-xp sp2. It was running slower and slower and eventually would not boot. I was told the hard drive was dead. A new larger hard drive was installed and maximum data was recover.but it gives 'boot disk scan error'.

any one please tell me how can i fixed this problem?

Re: Disk Boot Error

hi,
    The disk boot error normally happens when there is no booting device present inside the computer system. The computer system is unable to load the operating system from any of the devices.

hi,
    Make sure the BIOS's boot order has the HDD to boot first. Since the HDD contains your Windows-XP

hi,
    The fact that your PC is not able to read from the harddrive is a pretty good sign of your drive failing.
    Also the message "Boot System Error" indicates that your harddrive is unreadable as far as the OS is concerned. One thing you can try, it may or may not work but its worth the shot. Put your harddrive in a ziplock bag and put it in the freezer for a few hours, then pull it out and put it in as a slave and boot and try to recover your data.

When your system is powered on, your computer BIOS performs a power-on self test (POST). This test is to verify that everything is working properly on your PC. Information about the PC is displayed during the booting process when BIOS boot’s your system to the point that it gains access to its video subsystem. The video system is used to communicate error messages like those above.

Depending upon how far the booting process has progressed, different parts of your system can launch an error message. As the BIOS is responsible for most of the functions for booting, most error messages originate from there. Still, other physical errors can be relayed to the OS, and are usually related to your OS.