Thread: How to format a computer ?

How to format a computer ?

Planning to format my PC, but wondering what to do. Can someone help and write a step by step process to setup for everything that contains the formatting, so it would have been nice

thanks.

Re: How to format a computer ?

During the start-up is there any funky thing happening. You can press (F-keys) that gives you some options. One of these will lead you to the formatting. You can not format the disk while you use Windows. It is like to eat your own mouth.

Use Windows CD and format your drives before you install Windows. If you have not done it before, or have small mirrors on the PC, you may want and have to do buddy. Remember that everything on hard disk would be lost after formatting.

it can also be a good idea to delete the partition and then create a new partition dedicated to windows xp = 20GB, vista = 40GB or more.

thus it is easier to take a backup of files in the future, because when you share the disk into several parts and therefore has the ability to reformat the section of windows without losing it on the second part of the disk.

if you want to install XP, so it is very easy to do all this. I have not tried with Vista, but I doubt that it is more difficult there. just take your time and follow the instructions.

Planning for partition in future. I have Windows XP. So how much of partition is possible on the hard disk of 100GB approx. and how to partition?

You have to partition before you format. That is, you can partition afterwards but you have to stress with special partitioning software, the movement of data, etc. and it will take much longer.

For partition, no one takes care of at the beginning of the installation of XP. Where you choose the hard disk partition you want to install on is the ability to delete and operate on new partitions then.

For operating system (XP), I personally do not recommend to have less than 15GB. Certainly 20-30GB if you use your computer to play much. (New games uses the My Documents folder for storage). Also requires that you install the games and applications on a different partition.

change your bios setting to boot from the cd, then insert the operating system you wish to install. Linux, Windows. reboot your machine, then just follow the steps. after you install your os make sure you install your drivers. good luck