Thread: Logitec microphone not working

Logitec microphone not working

Hi,
    I am having problem with my webcam that captures video but without the audio.
    Don't know what is wrong so I installed the webcam all over again.
    What should i do?

Re: Logitec microphone not working

Hi,
    Have you tried installing driver for this new webcam?
    Try to update the same. Check for device manager & see if there is anything showing you any component in error state.

Well I checked the device manager & i found a yellow mark with an "!" before the webcam.
    What to do now?

This issue can occur when the Logitech USB Microphone has not been set as the preferred device. Use the following instructions to set the preferred recording device in Windows.

1. Click "Start," "Settings," and "Control Panel."
    2. Double click "Sounds/Multimedia." (Windows 98 users should double click on "Multimedia.")
    3. Click the Audio tab.
    4. Under Preferred Device for Recording, select the Logitech microphone.

If setting the Logitech USB Microphone to be the preferred device does not correct the problem, verify the microphone is being loaded properly in Device Manager using the following steps:

1. Right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties" from the menu. (Windows XP Default view users, click on "Start," then right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties.")
    2. Select the Device Manager tab. (Windows XP and Windows 2000 users, click on the Hardware tab, then the Device Manager button.)
    3. Click the (+) sign next to "Sound, Video and Game Controllers."
    4. There should be an entry for the "Logitech USB Microphone". If there is no listing for the "Logitech USB Microphone", reinstall the software.

When you open up your Volume Control by clicking on the speaker icon down near the clock, then at the top of the screen chose Options then Properties. Take the dot out of "Playback" and place the dot in "Recording" , click the OK button lower right hand corner. This should open up the Recording Properties. Make sure MIC has a checkmark in the "Select" box . If MIC is not listed in the Recording Properties , you'll have to add it there by clicking Options / Properties at the top again. Scroll the list and checkmark it, then click OK again (making sure that the dot is still in Recording). Then make sure it has a check mark in the "Select " box.