Thread: Sound card on Gigabyte MotherBoard

Sound card on Gigabyte MotherBoard

Hi guys, I entrust to your wisdom to solve my problem:

I have a computer which is an old model of SKINTEK, winXP home, pentium 4 MoBo Chaintech sochet 478, GeForce 5400 AGP, 512 RAM.

The problem is as follows:
    One day suddenly does not turn more, you hear only the fan, then discarding all the hardware I decided to replace the motherboard with a GIGABITE (GA-8SRX SiS 654 AGPset, P4 Titan series), integrated audio, all other components are the same.
    I never made a replacement motherboard, it was the first time, I connected all the components and follow the instructions in the manual, and then magically the computer works, I had Re-install windows, everything works fine the integrated audio which is a Soundblaster PCI 128, does not feel anything, then do a windows update to search for the updated driver, once found and installed the updated audio driver that works is a marvel, on the next day when I turn on the computer and hear a rustle, I feel strange, but yesterday I installed the updated drivers, then I go on hardware, audio controller, PCI audio soundblaster, and I update the driver, the sound again, but I do not trust, do a restart and return the rustle I do the same procedure, updating drivers, and you hear the sound again, then the problem is that when I replace the windows with a different driver, and every time I turn on the PC should update the driver, a real nuisance, then I take a new sound card, an ESS AudioDrive, I go off on the bios and audio, install the new sound card, does not feel anything, I find it in windows update the driver and updated the sound you hear, does restarting my computer and I back this sound card with the new ... and if I do the procedure to update the driver from hardware, the sound back but always returns to restart the rustle ...
    I do not know what to do ... that is defective motherboard?
    I have to set something in the Bios?
    how do I ensure that I will not replace windows driver update?
    I have to reinstall winXP Home ?????

Help !!!!!!!!!!

Re: Sound card on Gigabyte MotherBoard

Symptom: The system's fan is whining loudly.

Solution: A loud fan can be the result of a number of minor problems. The common cause is dirt. A dirty fan, clogged with dust, is highly inefficient and works harder to handle its cooling duties. As the fan struggles to cool the system, it produces the whirring sound. A quick cleaning should do the trick. If the fan is new and you're still hearing a loud whirring, your problem may be "ambient heat." You need to operate your PC in a cool environment. Many PCs get louder as they get hotter, with the fans spinning faster to keep the system cool. Be certain your PC is clean and cool and you'll run trouble-free.

You can have the more information in the following forum discussion.
    Toubleshooting tips and tweaks

Re: Sound card on Gigabyte MotherBoard

There shouldnt be any probs fitting in the card as all soundcards are now PCI based .................... plus the ZS is 7.1 ... so it may be better of 2 get a 6.1 channel system or higher.
    You can have more Forum discussion here also:

Soundcard compatibility problems