Thread: How Do I Connect Tata Sky To My Computer?

question How Do I Connect Tata Sky To My Computer?

How do i connect my tata sky to my computer?
    i have the classic tata sky and i want to record some programs on my computer!
    is it possible to connect my tata sky to my computer?
    please help guys!

ThumbsUp

You Can do that, but you need a TV-Tuner Card for it...!

Ohh...k! I have a TV-Tuner and i tried a lot of stuff my self, but nothing seems to work! please help me out with the connection part...! would be really greatful!

hey H/Wman! it worked, there's some more configurtion with the software which i did, i dont remember excatly, but anyone would figure it out, its easy! thanks man! thanks a lot!

I've tried according to ur instruction. Its working. Gr8 dude. One doubt. Can i watch it both on TV and in system simulataneously like cable works.

I have Lap top - compaq. How to know it is having TV tuner card?

Thanks everyone

ThumbsUp Re: How Do I Connect Tata Sky To My Computer?

Surely, Connect your Tata Sky's Video Out on the Composite In (Yellow) of the TV-Tuner Card. now change the source in the Software to composite Video. Dont scan for channels, as S-video sends a pre-decoded signals ans most of the tv-tuner doesn't scan for channels when its a composite video input. change the audio cable. you'll need a new audio cable that has the same pins at the tata sky end (Red, White for right, left) and a 3.5mm jack at the computer end and plug it in the audio in (blue colour) port of your sound card. switch on the tata sky and make ur life Jingaalaalaa! all the best!
    reply if there is some changes with the procedure!

Re: How Do I Connect Tata Sky To My Computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwareman View Post
    Surely, Connect your Tata Sky's Video Out on the Composite In (Yellow) of the TV-Tuner Card. now change the source in the Software to composite Video. Dont scan for channels, as S-video sends a pre-decoded signals ans most of the tv-tuner doesn't scan for channels when its a composite video input. change the audio cable. you'll need a new audio cable that has the same pins at the tata sky end (Red, White for right, left) and a 3.5mm jack at the computer end and plug it in the audio in (blue colour) port of your sound card. switch on the tata sky and make ur life Jingaalaalaa! all the best!
    reply if there is some changes with the procedure!
    I am planning to go in for Airtel DTH service , I would be grateful if you could you post a guide with photos of how to connect the Airtel Settop Box to an internal TV Tuner card .

This is how my TV Tuner Card looks like

Pixel View PV-M4500:

These are the ports available behind the Airtel Set Top Box .

This is the software that came bundled with the Pixel View PV-M4500 Internal TV Tuner Card

Honestech TVR v2.0

Help !!!!

Last edited by jakemake123456; 30-03-2009 at 06:39 AM.

Hey guys,
    Thanks a ton for these useful posts.
    I have a small query:-

I just want to watch Tata Sky on my PC without the need for recording any shows. Do I need any ordinary TV Tuner card or do I have to go for something like Pixel View PV-M4500?
    Can someone tell me the approximate price of such a TV Tuner card?

Thanks in advance

No you don't require any kind of standard TV tuner card you can go with the ordinary card also but ordinary TV tuner card might not give you the proper functionality with the Tata sky. If you ask me then i will advise you to contact the Tata Sky customer center and ask for the compatible one which can run with the Tata sky well. You can also go with the Thompson STB which is having both A/V as well as coax output in it that is supported by the Tata Sky. So if you can then go through the same and see whether it is working for you or not.

When I asked Tata Sky, those people asked me to go to a local technician. My technician did not have any knowledge about this issue.

But when I enquired at an Electronics store at Lamington road, they told me that they have a TV Tuner card manufactured by Crown & can record TV too. He was charging Rs 1.5k for it.

It is possible to connect TATA sky to computer. The process is same what you do to connect a cable connection to your computer. All you need is a good TV tuner card. And check one thing that it must have a AV facility in that. Now from your setup box just connect the AV cord to the port of the TV tuner card and done. You can then watch the programs on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by ap_krishna View Post
    I have Lap top - compaq. How to know it is having TV tuner card?
    Its very simple, friend. just right click on My Computer, select Manage from the context menu. Go to Device Manager. Now on the right side, see if there is any listing of TV Tuner card. Thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by electrokawal View Post
    Hey guys,
    Thanks a ton for these useful posts.
    I have a small query:-

I just want to watch Tata Sky on my PC without the need for recording any shows. Do I need any ordinary TV Tuner card or do I have to go for something like Pixel View PV-M4500?
    Can someone tell me the approximate price of such a TV Tuner card?

Thanks in advance
    Go for PixelView PlayTV Pro4. Its a very good card. I bought it 6 months ago @ Rs.1050. Current price is Rs. 975. Performance of this card is very good.

question Re: How Do I Connect Tata Sky To My Computer?

i hv read out all ur reply abt query [How Do I Connect Tata Sky To My Computer?] with the help of ur reply, now i am able to watch tata sky on my computer but still i am not able to hear audio because i don't have any blue audio jack in my tv tuner card... i have only 4 slots [one is for cable, another one is also looks like cable slots but small then previous cable slot , third one is round slot with lots of dots in it ..with the help of this slot i can able to watch video of tata sky and last fourth one is very small round slot but the slot is not as much bigger, that i can insert a audio cable pin it plz help me out ......

Okay, so the audio goes, there are three outs behind the STB - left channel, right channel and mono. Over six months, my PC was the sound through a mono and another channel. To see if a similar system up. Not much you can do with the sound as TS goes (apart from increasing the volume of STB).

sad Re: How Do I Connect Tata Sky To My Computer?

Hi,
    i have a Pixelview PV M4500 TV Tuner card , But i do not have a driver for it or any softwares.
    My OS is windows 7 ultimate.. Will PV M450-0 driver work on it ...
    Please help me out... Where can i get the drivers , i searched a lot for this...

question How Do I Connect i-ball clarotv tunner to Tata Sky or Airtel Dish

HI purchased I-Ball claro tv tuner to fit on computer monitor , can i be able to connect to Tata sky or airtel dish and how

Re: How Do I Connect i-ball clarotv tunner to Tata Sky or Airtel Dish

Quote Originally Posted by nprasannakumar View Post
    HI purchased I-Ball claro tv tuner to fit on computer monitor , can i be able to connect to Tata sky or airtel dish and how
    Yes, you can use the iball Claro Tv tuner card with Tata Sky that comes wiht built-in FM radio which is available on many ecommerce website for RS. 1300 approximately. Also you will have to use some software like Honestech TVR 2.5 along with the USB TV Tuner card to get it to work with Tata Sky. Hope this helps.