Thread: Hard drive testing tool

Hard drive testing tool

Hello there,

I want to test my hard drive. Can anyone tel me the best testing tool available for free?

Re: Hard drive testing tool

Microsoft Windows Built-In Error Checking

Error Checking, sometimes referred to as chkdsk, is a hard drive testing tool that comes with Microsoft Windows that can scan your hard drive in search of a wide range of errors. This tool can also attempt to correct a number of hard drive problems.

Seagate SeaTools

Seagate SeaTools is free hard drive testing software that comes in two forms for home users:

• SeaTools for DOS supports Seagate or Maxtor drives and runs independent from your operating system on its own disk or CD making it highly reliable.
    • SeaTools for Windows is a program that installs on your Windows system but it really easy to use. You can do basic and advanced testing of any kind of drive - internal or external - from any manufacturer.

Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostic is free hard drive testing software designed for Western Digital branded hard drives. Data Lifeguard Diagnostic will also run diagnostics on hard drives from other manufacturers as long as the primary drive is Western Digital. The Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostic software installs on Windows operating systems and allows for a number of hard drive tests.