Thread: EasyCap connection

EasyCap connection

I have bought a EasyCap and have a Sony DV camera standard model. I thought I had the cable that goes from the camera, A/V to RCA and S-video. Tried that, but nothing happens.

Is it wrong cable?
    This I drive with, which I use to display on the TV, etc..

Re: EasyCap connection

DV cameras connect to the computer's FireWire port. Going via analog image (rca-connector/S-video) do it hard and it will be worse picture quality than DV provides. If you transfer analog video, such as VHS, EasyCap is a good thing.

Unless your computer has a firewire port, buy one.

With USB 2.0 connection: the output resolution will be full-screen DVD video resolution up to 720x480 at 30 fps for NTSC and 720 x 576 at 25 fps for PAL.

It is not poor quality, it will indeed deliver but right now do not know my computer of the camera with the cable I linked to and through EasyCap.

The whole point of this is that to get bands VHS to DVD, but it has to work with DV as it is.

Is not there a cable that goes from the camera DV out to EasyCap?

Now when I think a little, this is probably not easy at all to use to transfer DV like you said, but only to connect the VHS to the computer so you can get DVDs of VHS.

For this purpose, this is perfect and I have such a cable via SCART to Easycaps RCA etc. so it must work.

But if we switch to DV to DVD, what is easier?
    I have a HP 6910p and I see a Firewire port so it should of course work, but the program recommended, it will go quickly and in a pure uncompressed quality straight so you can edit and burn afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by ProcalX View Post
    But if we switch to DV to DVD, what is easier?
    I have a HP 6910p and I see a Firewire port so it should of course work, but the program recommended, it will go quickly and in a pure uncompressed quality straight so you can edit and burn afterwards.
    It does not work uncompressed, it had simply made the final at both the hard drive and memory. DV is compressed, but not as hard as DVD. There are some free editing software and some cost money. I myself use Premiere, but I think Vegas is in a free version.

As long as the editing, working with DV quality, export to DVD and burn the disc. A DV film eats about 219 MB of hard disk per minute and you must have the NTFS file system as if you are going to transfer more than 18 minutes (the file size limit of FAT32 is 4 GB).

Non-compressed? Then you should have a very very large, and fast, hard disk.

You can always try to play with HuffYuv which is a non-destructive compression. However, very large files. A quick test, an 8 MB MPEG2 file in 720x576, about 10 seconds long, medium 6700kBps. Provides HuffYuv file of approximately 70 MB. Count on a half-hour film in 720x576 and you have a file 12600 MB, that is 12.3 GB.

For example, in this case created with VirtualDubMod and FFDshows implementation of HuffYuv
    edit: just because, the same file in DV format, about 30 MB

I have managed to bring DV film to computer via firewire and then burned, but results badly. I chose 16:9 wide and DV quality, I got the 4:2 or something strange and inferior quality.

If you check the link here and picture 3.3 sic SCART composite/S-Video converter.

Is this adapter fixed on the contrary?

I have a scart to RCA + s-video on the other end, but no signal. Hence the need for an adapter to the video scart socket that I can use to switch on the signal, I think.

For now, I get no signal in the computer.