Thread: Unable to burn a DVD / CD on Vista Ultimate?

Unable to burn a DVD / CD on Vista Ultimate?

I have bought a new laptop and have installed Windows Vista on it. Currently i'm facing a problem with Cd/ Dvd rom. I'm unable to burn a cd, while it shows no disc when ever i insert a Dvd disc in it. I'm fed up of trying the disc numerous time. Can any one provide me the solution for this problem?

Will be thankful to receive help from you.

Re: Unable to burn a DVD / CD on Vista Ultimate?

I think it must be due to corrupt data on the disc. Even it may be possible that the disc may contain some other type of videos format such as Avi format. For running these kind of videos you need to install particular software, which may support your system to run the particular Avi format videos. You can download some other programs from the internet,in order to burn your cd. Nero is recommended as one of the best program to burn the cd disc.

Re: Unable to burn a DVD / CD on Vista Ultimate?

Windows Vista has built-in support for burning features, which might not allow you to burn the cd disc. Try to follow these steps in order to get rid of built-in Windows Vista burning features assuming that you don't need them.

There's a simple registry tweak that can disable the built-in burning features in Explorer, most notably the Burn button on the toolbar that you never ever use it.

Notice the button is gone after applying the registry hack:

Try to do registry hack manually.

Manual Registry Hack:-

Open regedit.exe through the start menu search or run box and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

On the right-hand pane create a new 32-bit DWORD value with these properties:

* Name: NoCDBurning

* Value: 1

You'll have to logout and back in to see the changes. To remove, just delete the key or change the value to 0.

Then try to Download Registry Hack

Extract the file and double-click on DisableCDBurning.reg to enter the information into the registry. The EnableCDBurning.reg file will re-enable the burning features.