Thread: Unable to access all USB drives in Windows XP

Unable to access all USB drives in Windows XP

I'm on XP Pro sp2.
    The disc appears on the desktop ... but I when I went to open it, i get "The disk in drive E is not formatted!" "You want to format it now?"

Of course when I try to format ... nothing happens.
    Then some will say that it comes from the USB key with all USB sticks or other external hdd it does not shows... Even the CDs and DVDs in the drive for this purpose does not open either (while using Nero I can burn it!)

Brief I tested the USB ports on 6 of my CPU with 4 / 5 keys and 2 hdd without any success ... but right next to it the mouse, printer and other devices work very well. Is that for storage there is a problem.

Needless to say that I tested the keys on the other machine (mac, linux, xp, vista ,...) they operate.

If I reinstall Windows it works for some time 1 month or two.
    "Water is insubstantial. By this I mean you can not grasp hold of it. You can not punch it and hurt it. Be formless, shapeless, like water.

Re: Unable to access all USB drives in Windows XP

Maybe the problem of recognition?
    Try reinstalling the drivers for your USB?
    I do not think any format is really useful!

I do not format, but in your solution only the usb which you speak and it is that there is a problem to play any cd dvd on each optical drive and also these two problems are related and appear every two sets. What makes me say that it comes from the OS.
    I deleted the launch of Nero check at startup, Daemon's tool also to avoid conflicts with virtual drives created.
    I do not see any other tracks.
    "Water is insubstantial. By this I mean you can not grasp hold of it. You can not punch it and hurt it. Be formless, shapeless, like water.

Usually this is a problem when the driver of the motherboard are not installed, Windows has the default usb drivers, put the drivers of your motherboard, look at the mark, go on the manufacturer site to get the latest, they are generally understood in a pack via or something .....