Thread: Gigaworks T3 fluctuating volume problem

Gigaworks T3 fluctuating volume problem

I bought a Gigaworks T3 2.1 channel speakers and is been connected to my desktop which is been installed with Windows 7. The problem is that the volume fluctuates a lot when any media is been played. I do not know why is this happening? Please do let me know so that I can make the desired change that is needed. It will be helpful and thus can make the desired change that is needed.

Re: Gigaworks T3 fluctuating volume problem

There is some problem with T3. As I had too faced the similar problem. My creative speakers did work fine before but as I had used the T3 it gives me problem like the volume is not stable. I do not know what could have caused it. It is better that you replace the same or do not use the speaker. get it exchanged or get a better one. I hope there is some issue with the same.

You should contact the customer support team in order to get the issue to be sorted and work out as needed. It will be helpful for you. So do check and make the issue to be sorted. Do work and process as needed. You may then be able to get the things to process as required. You may be able to work and get the things to be executed. It is indeed essential that you process for the same.

There could be a possibility that the device or the driver for the sound card may be corrupt and this the reason that you are not able to work or process for the thing. It would be better that you do check and make the implementation for the thing and process as needed. I hope you may then get to a better conclusion. So work out and make the things to be in your way.

It could be that the device is not properly functioning and this is the reason you are not able to work well or get the issue to be sorted. You need to check out the thing that is by cleaning the chip by deassembling it. You can check out for the process out here. Click on the link and follow the step by step process. It will be helpful and you can then make the desired change that needs to be worked.

The problem can be sorted well by making the device to function well as required. All you need to do is to check for the device and then make the necessary change that is essential. It will be helpful and you can thus make the necessary change. Do work out and process for the same. You can then make the device to perform as required. It will be helpful.

Please see the link below. Users of Creative T3 Gigaworks are also facing this problem on a large scale.

I have given my Creative T3 under warranty to Compuage Infocom at Lamington Road, Mumbai for repairing of this fluctuating volume control problem. The funny thing is that at their workshop it worked fine. I brought it home and its back to the annoying problem.

And this is the third time that I have given this to them. First problem was on purchasing it. The rear audio inputs were not working. The second time the volume control cable went bad at a point very near the dial. The old headphone jack problem. No sound if you hold it at an angle. Slightly twist it to hear sound again.

Overall I would strongly discourage anyone from buying Creative T3. The speakers themselves are great quality let down by a weak link - the remote control. Its sad that my speakers are good but the volume control is causing so much misery.

If Creative people are reading this I hope you have the decency to offer a replacement. Frankly for what one spends on this speaker set - approx Rs. 14000, I expected a lot better quality. Shame on you.

If there are others facing this problem please reply on this thread. And, share this with others who are considering purchasing a T3 Gigaworks.

Creative sucks!
    Last edited by Raj; 04-07-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: External link removed

To clarify, Compuage Infocom run an authorized service centre in the Mumbai region for Creative.

Hi I'm encountering the same exact problem!!
    I've had my t3 gigaworks for a year and a month now, and was very pleased with the sound quality.
    a week ago they started having these sound fluctuations!
    I tested it also with another computer and my mp3 player and it didnt stop. Ill try to use the warranty and hope they would fix it. anyway i suspect its the sound controller causing the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by baluz View Post
    Hi I'm encountering the same exact problem!!
    I've had my t3 gigaworks for a year and a month now, and was very pleased with the sound quality.
    a week ago they started having these sound fluctuations!
    I tested it also with another computer and my mp3 player and it didnt stop. Ill try to use the warranty and hope they would fix it. anyway i suspect its the sound controller causing the trouble.
    I suppose that erratic volume control could also mean that the volume control has dust and moisture which is hindering the signal at the output stage, if so it needs to be cleaned by a contact cleaner and should work out fine. Have you thought of this possibility? The only thing that is required for you is to access the the volume pod by opening the cover and spray the contact cleaner to get rid of the behavior.