Thread: Power Supply Breakdown

Power Supply Breakdown

Hello,
    Having recently acquired a hd4830 (supported by my Athlon X2 6000 +) to replace a less card energy, I realized that my earthwatts 380W Antec issued a lot of noise when these 2 components were loaded (crysis).
    This is probably due to the temperature of psu, while supporting the load without apparent problems, is pushed into a corner (the proc has a TDP of 125W and the video card consuming nearly 270W.)
    The psu is usually noisy in idle.
    My question is whether it is possible to slow this fan without risk or change in order to put an 80 mm type arctic cooling molex connected to reduce noise.
    Will we see something by the temperature of this component? How is the speed controlled of ventilation? (compared to the "wattage" request or an internal temperature sensor).
    Thank you in advance
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.

Re: Power Supply Breakdown

I would try to change the psu as soon as possible, because if it warms, however, is that there is a good reason ... Could you possibly do but is highly dangerous is to disassemble your psu to change the ventilation (but it may be that you must connect to the outside of your psu)
    the big problem is that there are components that contain a lot of power, even long after being unplugged, and so it is a mortal danger ...
    I will recommend a corsair HX520W, not too expensive but if you want to keep your PC long time, especially overclocked ...

Re: Power Supply Breakdown

To unmount the psu you have in effect disconnect at least 24 hours, finally theory is good if you make sure that there is no danger. But as T.J. said, i will also recommend you to go for new PSU.

Follow this link: http://forums.techarena.in/hardware-...als/780623.htm
    Choosing Power Supply