Thread: Connect PC-TV With HDMI

Connect PC-TV With HDMI

Hello!
    I connected my Asus EAH670 card and Sony Bravia KDL-46S2010 with HDMI cable and nothing! Does anybody know what to do to have clone signal in pc and tv?? very well!

Thanks! for any help.

Re: Connect PC-TV With HDMI

You probably have to RE-Direct the Video to the HDMI output using your Video Card's software....

NOW....IF that HDMI works fine on your computer monitor, THEN you have another problem that is caused by the TV set NOT RECOGNIZING your computer Video card as a VALID device that won't PIRATE HDMI signals and illegally record them...

And I doubt you can UPDATE the EDID on your TV set...it would need to be replaced with an updated one...

Talk to your TV manufacturer about your situation, they may have a solution to this..
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (3.6GHz, 1.44v) with TR Ultra 120E,
    Gigabyte GA-EX38-DQ6 v1.1, 4GB G.Skill PI 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1v ,
    Powercolor ATI HD4870X2 2GB, 4x SATA2 500GB Samsung HDD RAID 10,
    Creative X-Fi, Dell 2408WFP A01 24" LCD,
    Acer P221w 22" LCD,
    Corsair HX-1000 Watt PSU,
    Vista 64-bit.

Hi, I've a similar but more odd problem. I connected my new Sony pc to my sony HDTV and everything was swell. Watched a movie, looked great. The next day nothing. The pc beeps and flashes when I connect but the tv does nothing. What could have happened?

I bought the pc in Japan. It looks like the VGNFW270J/W. I understand there might be a problem with the video signal (though hard to see how that could change by itself). How does one set/change/check this?

Regards,

Ensei

Enable the secondary monitor when windows starts and check on the extend my desktop to the secondary monitor option. But make sure the TV is switched ON and connected and see the change!

If you make sure you connect your cables to your TV (I seem to remember on my system that the audio also had to be connected) and switch the TV on, then start the Nvidia Control panel.

You shoud see, under 'set up multiple displays' the three options:
    Use only one display (Single)
    The same on both displays (Clone)
    Configured independently from each other(Dualview)

Once clicked on Clone, 'Select the displays you would like to use' should show both your Monitor + TV

'Select the display you want Windows to use as primary' should be set to your monitor.

Click Apply and your monitor resolution will change and if you have your TV set to the correct input, the display should also appear there.
    You should get the option to keep this setting before it times out and returns to normal after about 30 seconds.

Thanks very much for the quick replies. A few comments/questions.

1) If any of this was necessary why did it connect when first out of the box?

2) Audio came to the tv over the HDMI cable when it was working. It stopped for a while but was ok again when I rebooted.

2) I don't think this pc has any Nvidia technology. Any hints on where one might find such a control panel would be appreciated. Afraid I need rather detailed instructions as my OS is in Japanese.

3) How does one "Enable the secondary monitor when windows starts"?

4) The youtubes suggested pressing some magic keys. This was indeed necessary when I was using more primitive technology, might it be useful here? Again, out of the box it seemed to take care of itself. Will try when I go home tonight.

Thanks again,

Ensei

Enable Secondary monitor :

Right-click on the desktop
    Click on properties
    Click on Settings Tab
    There you will find two monitors
    Select the necessary

All the best!

Gotcha, Rudra.J. Will give it a go and let you know.

Rgds

Thanks again for the tips. It turned out to be a magic button problem, fn-f7, to be exact. Such is even indicated on the f7 key if one looks closely. A little odd that this was not found in the manual.

Regards,

Tony

Hi again,
    While I am pretty happy with the connection now the connect and disconnect seems a little more confusing/chaotic than it needs to be. If everything is plugged in and I do a cold start up everything works pretty well, but if I try to connect to the tv when the computer is already on typically the sound does not pass through. If I try to go back to the PC the PC sound does not work and often the screen settings go weird. Any rules of operation that can make this more like opperating an appliance and less like a minor project?

Regards,

Ensei