Thread: How to transfer audio to Bluetooth headset on Windows 7x64?

How to transfer audio to Bluetooth headset on Windows 7x64?

I have installed Window 7 x64 on the computer. I am having Bluetooth stereo headset. Well I have tried to use headset using Skype. The operating system detects the device and install the software and prompts me that device is already used. Also prompts that device is added to audio gateway. However I am unable to find the icon on the sound mixer. When I browse to Skype settings I am unable to find Bluetooth headset. Can you tell me where is the problem on the system of mine? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to transfer audio to Bluetooth headset on Windows 7x64?

You have not provided anything about the Bluetooth headset which you are using. Let me know the name of the Bluetooth manufacturer. Also let me know if you are getting any error message while you are try ting to transfer over the Bluetooth device. Do you have updated the drivers of the Bluetooth devices on the on the computer of yours? Can you tell me configuration of the computer of yours?

You can use the following instruction after connecting the Headset.
    1. You have to right click on the Speaker and go for Playback Devices from the right click context menu.
    2. You should see that headset is available or not. If it is available then simply right click on it and make it default.
    3. Now navigate to the Recording tab and make your headset as default recording device.

I have done lots of research work on this particular problem and I have found that the broken Broadcomm protocol might be causing the problem and Microsoft Bluetooth protocol is unable to takeover further. Well I have seen that Microsoft Bluetooth protocol is not allowing audio over Bluetooth. I have simply replaced Broadcomm Bluetooth Protocol adapter with Toshiba based Cirago adapters and I am not having any issue.

I think this issue is seems to be happening due to drivers issue on the computer. I recommend that you should visits the official website of the device manufacturer and download the updated driver from it. You should install the same once you have completed with the download process. You should restart the computer of yours once the installation process is completes. I am hoping that installing the drivers will help you to fix the problem of yours.