Thread: How do i connect PlayStation 2 to my PC?

How do i connect PlayStation 2 to my PC?

Hi,I would like to know how to connect a PlayStation 2 to my PC.I have a Radeon 2600XT PCI-E card.Should i buy something extra?

Re: How do i connect PlayStation 2 to my PC?

The 'only' way to do it without a modded console (which may very well involve connecting your computer to your PS2 as part of the modding process, though it's unlikely) is to connect it to the internet as you would any other wired computer: plug in an ethernet cable, and plug the other end into a router, switch, or modem. Of course, there are a number of other ways to cover it; you could use a crossover cable to connect it to a computer, for example, and then use a 'bridged' connection (two connections merged into one, each of which passes acquired data along as though it were a wire. It's a software thing) to 'feed' the incoming data to the PS2, and to 'carry away' the data the PS2 sends.

Of course, you need either a PS2 ethernet card or whatever the hell it's called now, which is probably out of production--or, you can use a 'slimline' PS2, which has a built-in one.

As for USB, I hear it's popular to do so, but I've observed that (obviously) you need a male to male USB cable. That is, one with two normal sized ends that can go into the PS2 and computer USB ports at the same time and transfer data that way.

Unfortunately, I do not believe that you can connect via a firewire (1394, as it's sometimes called--incorrectly) 4-pin cable, nor a 6-pin, 9-pin or any other pin number. Tried it, PS2 wasn't recognized. Of course, I'm running Vista, so you can expect a few oddities to crop up here and there.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

yes you can it's easy.just buy a tv card conect it with your PC & then connect your ps2 & enjoy,it's 2 in 1 entertainment watch tv on your PC & play ps2 too

Here are more opinions and answers from other FAQ Farmers:

• Don't waste time on connecting your PS2 to a PC. Just download an PS2 emulator and the important thing is the BIOS of PS2. PS2 BIOS is not easy to find because it is copyrighted.
    • You can't connect a PS2 to a PC.

1. You CAN CONNECT PS2 To Yor Computer Trough Ethernet Cabel.
    2. Plug Ethernet Cabel To The Computer And Then To The PLayStation [You Must Have Network Access Disc or Model That Have It Allready].
    3. This Is The PROBLEM: your computer doesn't find PS2 so you need some kind of DRIVER for that.