Thread: Can not format my hard drive

Can not format my hard drive

Hello, I can not format my hard drive to NTFS in normal mode from the installation CD of Windows XP, it announced that the disk may be damaged, and not formats that fast. I changed my hard drive and I always have the same problem.

Motherboard Asrock K7S8X, (2003) updated drivers but never flashed bios
    Hitachi IDE hard disk 80 GB

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Can not format my hard drive

It is a hard disk that you want to add ? In fast mode, you get to the format?

Hey thanks for the reply, I have 2 hard drives this is the one who is declared master in the manager as it appears as working NTFS

Hi, So they are 2 IDE, right ? if yes then In this case, use a software and test your hitachi hard drive of the mark. On the other hand you try to format from the manager of records, being of course, on the set dd master? To do this, right click on the dd and choose "format".

hello, they are all IDE 2 and the second slave, but the master disk formatting can be done from the manager because it is one that contains the system files.
    I go to test but I had the same problem with new and one in slave (Western Digital)

Hi, My read is wrong then, sorry. You want the format dd who is the master ? In this case, you must reinstall win xp. Or do so from the slave, who must also have win xp install, say otherwise, you must have 2 win xp installed on each dd, this is called a dual boot you have boot.2 winows xp will appear and you must choose on which disk you want to start.

In this way, one used for games for example, and the other used to work.In addition, if one is infected with viruses from the other, you could disinfected or format.

The solution to install XP on 2 discs is not so stupid, I had not thought of. In fact it is because I have a mouse that hangs very often especially when I plug in a USB stick or Hube and from time to time machine bug at startup and the newspaper tells me a controller error on \ Device \ Harddisk0 or a parity error was detected on device \ IDE \ IDE port0 that I can counter by settling controllers ATAPI / IDE PIO mode. So I wonder if all that plus formatting not just a problem of the motherboard

Hi, then it changes everything. Begins with a clear cmos, or remove the battery from your motherboard for 1 to 2 minutes, put everything again and then restart the pc.Enter in the bios and setting it (date, etc). Under windows, reinstall the drivers for your motherboard. Then checks the manager If yellow spots exist, do the update drivers by right-clicking on it.

Now check if everything is good, by connecting a USB key.If the problem persists, you must check the current on the USB ports.

To start doing this, we'll see for the future.