Thread: CD / DVD Restoration for Acer Aspire T671

CD / DVD Restoration for Acer Aspire T671

Hello all,
    I hope to be in the right section ...
    I have a tower whose owner has not burned restoration CDs at the start of the machine. A virus forced to restore the PC configuration to factory.
    I said that the combination ALT + F10 does nothing + program eRestore or eRestore Manager is no longer present on the machine + I partition C:, D: and the hidden partition.
    In such a case, there is the purchase of CD / DVD with Acer (if assistance is willing to answer me) or benefit from a restorations of a owner of a similar machine. For information, the T671 is a s775 P4 3.0 GHz, 2x512 MB DDRII, 250 GB Sata with MS Vista Home Premium.
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    wus up everybody?

Re: CD / DVD Restoration for Acer Aspire T671

If the contents of the partition restoration was not damaged it may otherwise be initiated with Alt + F10 (boot) or restoration program. Indeed it is a bootable partition that has its own operating system which is independent. What you need is a bootloader. To intervene without installing any way on the PC you should be able to begin the restoration partition with a bootable CD called supergrub. It allows among others (for Windows) to replace the boot loader or boot directly on a partition or disk (which is running the operating system).
    At the start you have the choice of language and sub menus to select the boot partition of your choice (takes under Boot menu windows and then Windows on a second partition)

Re: CD / DVD Restoration for Acer Aspire T671

I confirm the successful completion of the transaction with the utility said. For those interested, here are the details:
    - You must go to the link provided in ignoring the warning of obsolescence, download the image and burn to CD,
    - Ensure that the PC will boot first on the CD Rom (change BIOS settings if necessary) and boot the burned CD choose Win -> XP starts a session on the hidden partition (even if the PC is a licensed Vista)
    - Follow directions you get at the end of the process of a fresh start.

In the end, in my case, there is Vista, with all Acer utilities (including DVD, burn, but no trace of any office suite. I do not know if the T671 was delivered with (include the installation of Open Office).
    wus up everybody?