Thread: Building new config

Building new config

So last night my beautiful computer died, and took most of my system along with it. All I was able to save was the RAM and the hard drive. Everything else processor, motherboard, video card got dead.

So now I need a new PC for work. I do some programming also. So I ordered a brand new system. Now I am focusing around Intel. I hate to leave AMD, but Intel has just been dominating, and in a price per performance ratio Intel's got it..

So here is my new config which I picked for myself:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53GHz, 3MB L2 (Good overclocker)
    Gigabyte GA-EP43-DSL3, Intel P43 Chipset
    2 x 1GB Mushkin DDR2 800 RAM
    Seasonic 550W PSU
    ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB Card

I have heard of Seasonic as an excellent brand of power supply. I hope I made the right choice, going Intel. I am sure I could have gotten a Phenom at the same price but still Intel is good.

Everything came in Rs. 25000 approx. wasn't that bad. Any comments or advice.

Re: Building new config

I believe you have the best rig for OCing. Most of what you picked are the items that I usually suggests to my friends and relatives.

Right now, I haven't picked up any special third party coolers yet. Because I have limited budget. So I am not planning on OCing at the moment. I chose the parts because I am eventually planning to go for quad core in the near future and with this motherboard I think I can do so. And it's even DDR3 1066 compatible, so whenever I feel I want to go for that, I would not hesitate. So I see this motherboard being great for me so many USB ports. Generally I always run out of USB ports, so 8 stock on the back will be nice, another two on the front of my case and maybe an extra two on the back.

Nice system configuration. Honestly speaking I would not worry going with quad core unless I have a specific application that would be benefited from it.