Thread: Wireless not working properly

Wireless not working properly

hiya guys,

My wireless connection used to work just fine with my hp notebook, since a week it started behaving mad . It will work for 5 - 10 mintues and then stop working. It will show I am connected to the network but I am not able to browse.If I troubleshoot the connection, it starts working again but goes after 5-10 minutes,it is again dumped. my Os is Windows XP Home SP2. I lost myself these days

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: Wireless not working properly

do you purchased Laptop during the past year or so?? and have been experiencing wireless connection problems?? you may try to take a look at the HP guidance in resolving the issue. From what my xperience it really sucks !! It seems that the other suggestions of updating the BIOS, updating wireless drivers,or try a replacement wireless card .it if still sucks the best solution is to return your laptop to HP for a motherboard replacement.

may be the problem is with a program called Wireless Zero Configuration,and i have a cure here
    *Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services
    Scroll down to "Wireless Zero Configuration." It probably says "Started" next to it. Right-click on it and select "Stop." try Internet for a while and see if you notice an improvement. If you do, then you’ll want to keep Wireless Zero Configuration permanently disabled

But generally your computer needs initial wireless connection. Thankfully, there’s a freeware program, called Wireless FiXP, that solves this problem. If you put a shortcut to it in your Startup folder, whenever you start your computer the program automatically starts Wireless Zero Configuration, waits until your computer makes the connection, and then shuts down Wireless Zero Configuration for you.

buddy when I'm facing problem i prefer to do some things it may because some small issues like poor signal,router off kinda....
    i need to you tell go to this site and troubleshoot may be you can over come the error here is the link