Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-12-2008

SCSI Controller disk boot failure

Good evening to you all
I purchased a Adaptec RAID 3405 mn to connect SCSI hard drive but when I turn on the PC it give error message that its is a hard disk boot failure insert disk and press I try plugging a sata and it tells me the same thing My motherboard is an ASUS p5ne sli I try to look into the bios to see if I can start there is nothing related to scsi . Anybody Know How to Resolve This thank you.
Old 13-12-2008

Re: SCSI Controller disk boot failure

It is now old SCSI devices. In any case it is complicated enough in time to connect SCSI, you installed the driver that comes with the ADAPTEC card ?
Old 13-12-2008

No, It was not install when I put the cd its asked for the diskette Containing drivers But there was not any Disk or floppy shipped with it motherboard
Old 13-12-2008

Yes older SCSI configured under DOS. It is a CD that comes with the Adaptec card? Look what is on the CD. copy the files to C: and then edit the file config.sys putting those names in there
Old 13-12-2008

If the above errors just started occurring and you did not have your computer open or changed any of its components

If you did have your computer apart and were making changes, this is what you should check:
  1. Make sure that the hard drive power connector and ribbon cable are connected.
  2. Run the BIOS setup program and make sure the drive and the controller are enabled. Also, make sure the drive has the correct parameters; most likely you can try the auto detect feature.
  3. For IDE drives, check the jumper settings of all of the IDE devices, especially the master, slave or stand-alone jumpers.
  4. For SCSI drives, check the jumper settings of all SCSI devices. Make sure the primary hard disk is set to SCSI ID 0. Check during POST to see if the SCSI BIOS is loading and finding any SCSI devices. If not, check the host adapter installation including IRQ, DMA and I/O settings.
  5. Make sure all device drivers have been installed correctly.
  6. Swap the controller card, cable and hard drive, one at a time.
Old 13-12-2008

sometimes the file exists but hidden so you can not see. Unless you checked in "File Option", show hidden files and folders. If not, you can edit with Notepad only. It does not work with Word or WordPad. Click on the Notepad to Start \ Programs \ Accessories \ Notepad. The program opens, you tapes the following command: Device = C: \ filename and you stored in C: the name Config.sys If there are so many names of files, you types as many lines of command

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,