Thread: Creative GigaWorks ProGamer G500

Creative GigaWorks ProGamer G500

I searched all over the forum but it seems that almost nobody knows these boxes ...
    I have some questions to be done to any owner:
    1. are considered superior to megaworks 550 5.1?
    2. satellites are a way as the megaworks or two-way (tweeter + woofer) as the GigaWorks 7.1?
    3. I would recommend compared to logitech z5500 considering a preferential use for video games and almost zero for the film?
    4. Without considering the price and power which of the two systems is qualitatively better? I do not speak of power, but clean sound and the absence of background hiss (The z-5500 are affected by a rustle background ..)
    5. You can find longer cables for the rear satellites?
    6. the GigaWorks are equipped with only analog connections .. is so?

Re: Creative GigaWorks ProGamer G500

Happy New Year to all!
    I am past the creative P5800 these G500 and I must say that I am very well and I noticed a huge difference in power and in equal volumes to sound card (I have a Sound Blaster). I must also say that I was looking for power and high enough volumes I have two pc quite noisy, and thus I can help much on hiss or background noise them feel. I can say that even at high volumes known distortion of the sounds, which instead was present in the P5800. Last thing, use this speaker system mainly for games, a little listen to music, sometimes even x watching movies. They are connected to analog audio decoder without half (I-100 but use it on another plant, then maybe one day I try to connect and see if there are significant differences, even if I). I find very useful the possibility to set different volumes x high, low, center speaker and rear speakers from manual control, and that this takes into memory settings so distinct when the headphones are connected or not. Unfortunately can make a comparison with the megaworks No, I have not tried either: those tried, but stocks were finished and then I tried them, and in the end I am very satisfied.
    If you have other questions that can respond very willingly.