Thread: Thunder knocked my multifunction printer!

Thunder knocked my multifunction printer!

Can I save it in any way now? The Brother MFC is 210, it is now completely dead, tried with almost all power sockets without success, get started on!

Someone who has experience of this on how to proceed to get it again?
    Or whatever it is that has gone into it?

Thanks for the tip.

Re: Thunder knocked my multifunction printer!

If the thunder struck down in, so probably have a fuse or similar gone. Do you have hope in any case? I doubt that you could replace the fuse itself. But if there is a hedge, you can submit it.

At worst, have a look at warranty. I think that you can toss it and buy new. Unfortunately, usually vendors do not guarantee protection against thunder. But I have managed to get a video repaired under guarantee after the thunder struck down in it.

It is unfortunately quite common to the thunder knocking out computers today. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do, because the guarantee does not apply on such situations, and a repair is usually more expensive than buying new, where today cheap consumer products are available! You can always consult with a service facility, but I think that said it is too expensive, even if it is possible to get hold of spare parts! A hot tip, when you buy new, is to add a few extra bucks in a good surge protection. Like a splice box, you can connect all your sensitive computer equipment in it!

Thanks for your answer, guys. I do not think that the guarantee is still valid, it is about 3 years old.

I called a service technician and told him what happened. He said that it would cost almost one hundred patches just to locate the fault.

I think I will try to invest now in a new multi-function and to get a good surge protection!