Thread: Keyboard does not work in BIOS of Windows installed Hp compaq laptop

Keyboard does not work in BIOS of Windows installed Hp compaq laptop

I have a problem with a Compag laptop In the BIOS (or that startup screen before Windows boot) the keyboard does not work If there is, "press F2 for bios settings and F12 for boot settings" and I press buttons that it does nothing. Even if I have a Windows CD to do and it says "Press any key to boot from the CD" it does nothing.

Anybody have any idea how I get back to the keyboard to Work?
    (the keyboard Work fine in Windows Xp)

Thanks In advance

Re: Keyboard does not work in BIOS of Windows installed Hp compaq laptop

There was also talk of Microsoft keyboards ever did it in Windows only (not in the bios). Maybe your laptop also has such a trick.Temporary solution is to have an external keyboard in your ps2 or usb to stop only in Windows reinstall. BIOS update a permanent solution.

Is your USB keyboard connected ? Probably so. Then that is the problem. Your USB ports are then too late to recognize. How can you fix this I do not know. What does work is a ps-2 connection always Then at least you try do in your bios.
    Good luck.

I Thinks That the keyboard does not work in Windows before it is, I have no laptop but a desktop.Also as he says, then you can change it in BIOS, with a ps2 keyboard (as above ). By me ok. everything was fine I could install Windows Successfully again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
    There was also talk of Microsoft keyboards ever did it in Windows only (not in the bios). Maybe your laptop also has such a trick.Temporary solution is to have an external keyboard in your ps2 or usb to stop only in Windows reinstall. BIOS update a permanent solution.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninBlade View Post
    Is your USB keyboard connected ? Probably so. Then that is the problem. Your USB ports are then too late to recognize. How can you fix this I do not know. What does work is a ps-2 connection always Then at least you try do in your bios.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by deoWo View Post
    I had ok That the keyboard does not work in Windows before it is, I have no laptop but a desktop.Also as he says, then you can change it in BIOS, with a ps2 keyboard (as above ). By me ok. everything was fine I could install Windows Successfully again.
    Unfortunately, this laptop has no PS2 connection. And an external USB keyboard can not connect. Furthermore, I do not know whether the keyboard or USB connections in the BIOS to stand.and I can not enter the bios.