Thread: SATA no parameters

SATA no parameters

Hello all,
    I have a Toshiba Satellite P200 16Y which had Vista, XP when I relocated my hard drive is not recognized but SATA IDE. I thought my BIOS settings (Phoenix 1.70) were poorly configured and looking through the bios I see that there is no setting to enable or disable SATA.
    My hard drive is a SATA I.
    If someone has an idea I am taker.
    Blessings to you

Re: SATA no parameters

Good evening,
    If the disc is recognized IDE, you're lucky! (BIOS and motherboard well designed) If your motherboard did not convert, you can not not install Windows XP (Setup you say it can not continue because there is no hard disk!)
    For Windows XP, you must load the SATA drivers at the beginning of the installation (to install a high-capacity HDD, press F6 ...), and it must do so via a floppy disk (in your case, via a reader USB floppy because you did more)

you should not have this problem, but do not worry, the speed of the hard disk will be a SATA disk.

I have the drivers and all that is necessary for SATA in XP, even with the F6 at the beginning of the installation, I load the drivers well but leaves me in FDI, because my BIOS is not configured for SATA.

I do not know what to do, even with Vista it should not be SATA or so it then with the installation disks with Toshiba Recovery that there would be an automated procedure to recognize the SATA.

It's odd that we have no access to SATA settings in the BIOS. Confused

Thank you for your help
    Blessings to you

Hello,
    XP works or not ? Confused

If your laptop has a standard SATA disk, the disk controller is merely a SATA disk, and there is no reason to choose between boot from an IDE or SATA.
    Vista control both SATA as IDE. XP does not control the SATA drivers without!

IDE If I understand you, your BIOS (via disk controller) indicates that your disk is SATA IDE
    You can then install XP without problem.

Well, if I install Windows XP on my laptop it operates my hard disk controller IDE, running XP but with the performance of FDI.

If you are you going in your BIOS you can choose RAID or AHCI compatibility, I do not have that possibility is what hurts me if I want to install XP.

If I install Vista, but with the installation of DVDs Toshiba, through their installation process owner, I come here to exploit the SATA, probably a direction to the facility which enables SATA.

If I install XP is not through DVD but Toshiba a license for XP that I had another laptop, which does not have this famous instruction or order at the facility.

Is there any software or other means to activate the SATA disk before installing XP.
    Well, I hope myself a little better expressed. Very happy
    In advance thank you.
    Blessings to you