Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: successful burn, but no data, still blank disc

successful burn, but no data, still blank disc

Hello Friends,

I am on windows vista, my dvd writer is a TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632N ATA Device. I tried to burn disc using this and its telling successful burn by using windows default burner.

And after that i re inserted my disc and and tried to view the contents, but its blank disc and again asking for format the blank disc. Earlier i have formatted the disc by clicking 'Show formatting options' and choose 'Mastered'. Because before this i have tried with Live File System disc and got a message like 'Windows cant format the disc'. And thus i tried this method.

I have tried with nero8 then. There also shows that burn success ful to my disc. And happily i re inserted the dvd and shows blank disc.

I have tried these steps for different manufacturers dvd and again badly the same result. And Then i have checked my status of updates of my drive and its shows me that its up to date.

The result is have lost my some dvd's but didnt gave my data.

I have write some months ago by using this. And that was successful.

Can any one help me out for this??

Re: successful burn, but no data, still blank disc

Try to burn the same Dvd's in some of your friends computer and see if that works or not cause you would then be knowing that it is your burner which is at fault. Or else try disconnecting and reconnecting the cables of the Dvd writer and also uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for it and see if that can work. If it is under warranty then try to replace it.

Ya I have tried in friends laptop its working fine..I dnt knw wthr my laptops writer gone or not

I had the same problem. Then I changed the file system (under the Disc menu) from ISO9660/UDF/Joliet (default, I think) to ISO9660/Joliet. Now the DVDs do not end up empty anymore.

Have you tried burning with another burning application? If you don't have one, you can use the free CDBurnerXP.

Then let us know how it's going:
    1. If another application gets the job done, the burner is not guilty and the fix is probably easy (reinstall your burning software, change its settings...)
    2. If it fails with the new application as well, something's wrong either with the burner, or the PC config, or the source data.

*EDIT* BTW, please mention WHAT you are trying to burn exactly.

Thanks for ur reply..Can u please explain more...?? how it done??

I have tried to burn some .flv files...aftr that i thoght like if its problem of flv then i took a blank dvd and tried it with some doc files, jpg files etc...the result was the same

Robin thanks for the reply..can u tell me more how to do tht??

Dear Fabian...I had tried with nero8

Please confirm whether you are not making a copy of the project you wanted to burn on CD/DVD. It may happen that sometimes it takes copy of the project, it shows all the details same as burning on the CD/DVD.

But suppose if im making copy means happening in windows default one. I have tried in mastered and its taking copy of image then burn. But in the case of nero im writing directly. So i dnt knw wat to do next

Are you able to see Green Light on the CD/DVD Rom burner while burning, or please check the connection in the processor.

Min is laptop..compaq b1900

This thing happend to me just recently too, I followed a suggestion that was made in another old thread,

Go to Start -> Run -> services.msc
    and double click the IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service make sure its startup type is set to "manual", if its all good there or you got it sorted, go to My computer and right click the drive, go to the recording tab and check "Enable CD recording on this drive" and click ok.

Note: I did this only to my cd burner, my dvd burner have this unchecked but from some reason it did fix the issue.

Thanks for ur reply Nihir...

So if i did like this then the dvd formatting issue also solved?

And i noticed that if i put any dvd it taking some more time to read my drive....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast