Thread: help to fix logitech z5500

help to fix logitech z5500

i got logitech z5500 (pc speakers) from usa as a gift.... it got burnt inspite of the voltage adapter and is not playing ... logitech guys r not ready to take it as it wont come under warranty in india .... i just want to get it fixed in bangalore,,,,,any suggestions please???

Yogesh Guest

Re: help to fix logitech z5500

Thread moved in Hardware Peripherals.

Purchase a new one !!! Its simple !!

HI i have the same problem just now after i had my Z-5500's powered on i hit the sub mains and i now have absolutely no power. I most definetly think that all that is wrong is that the fuse in the sub unit has blown. If u take a look at the back & open the fuse cover u will see a tiny white fuse. This i think is a common problem with these speakers, do not turn them on and off at the bass. Now i have to go and find a fuse, only after having these a month.

Check the power transformer it might have failed. I had a cheap speaker set that suddenly stopped working, turned out that the power transformer had burned down (it had intensively heated before).

It most probably be a fuse that had blown. Replace this with the same type fuse T2A, time delay fuse. It may work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tskarthikreddy View Post
    i got logitech z5500 (pc speakers) from usa as a gift.... it got burnt inspite of the voltage adapter and is not playing ... logitech guys r not ready to take it as it wont come under warranty in india .... i just want to get it fixed in bangalore,,,,,any suggestions please???
    Did you tried asking Logitech guys To repair it as an "out of Warranty Case" . actually This happens with at Nokia service Center when My phone was out of warranty they told Me that they can repair the phone but i have to pay the repair Charges. i got a pre-Quoted Amount Before submitting phone to their service center. if you can try convincing them that you will pay the repair Charges then they might accept your speakers to repair. otherwise Drop it any GOOD ( Trusted ) Electronics Repairing store.