Thread: 300BGB data gone

300BGB data gone

hi , i had just got a segate 500gb sata hard drive not even 4 weeks have passed and the drive is'nt getting detected tried it on over 4-5 computers just not getting detected .wasnt givin any prob before ,had turned off the computer and after a hour or so got back finding the drive not showing .i can get it replaced but about 300Gb of data mite be lost .any way to recover it ,il loose everything i have read ad's in a paper about some stores in mumbai where they recover data from formated hard drives do they really help??? or any other way to get back the data?

Re: 300BGB data gone

where they recover data from formated hard drives do they really help??? or any other way to get back the data?

The Format commands are typically run to prepare a new logical drives for use after Fdisked hard drive - enabling the installation of an operating system, application programs & eventual user data. The format command has been around for a long time, formerly they were stand alone DOS programs before being integrated into Windows.

To recover data from a drive containing lost or missing partition, follow the link :

where they recover data from formated hard drives do they really help??? or any other way to get back the data?

Download the demo version from Partition Recovery Software recovers windows data and provides NTFS & FAT file recovery and install it in separate drive. And Follow these steps:-

Never save the data to the partition or drive from where you are recovering data, as it may result in overwriting of data, and would result in permanent data loss!!!

Click the Select 'Physical Disk' button on the Icon Toolbar.

• A dialog box appears listing the physical disk(s) available.

• Select the physical disk that contains the formatted logical drive.

• Another dialog box pops up, select 'Search for logical drives' option.

• Another dialog box pops up, select 'Advance Search' option. (This process may take some time).

• Select the formatted logical drive from the list.

• Phoenix analyses the drive data structures and file system attributes and displays the directory tree.

• Some data structures are critically damaged after a drive format. It is HIGHLY recommended that you should use 'search for lost file(s) and folder(s)' option under 'Tools' menu to recover all the files and folders lost after drive format (This process may take some time).

• After 'search for lost file(s) and folder(s)' search process is complete you will find all the files and directories in the tree.

• Select 'Change Linking Mode' option from 'Tools' menu and further change the linking mode to Contiguous.

• Then select the file(s) and folder(s) you wish to recover and choose option 'Recover Selected' from toolbar.

I am sure by now you must have seen your lost data. If you could see the lost files then go for the full version otherwise I would recommend you to try this File Recovery Software to Undelete / Unerase & recovers data / files . This is the advance version of Fat & NTFS Data Recovery software which works on file signature search.

thanks ,but u didnt read what i said ,the hard disk is NOT BEING DETECTED BY ANY COMPUTER i need a professional lab or sum thing thing like that at least 100Gb is v v important any one knowing some v professional who have done work like this please reply or email.i repeat the disk is NOT BEING DETECTED BY ANY COMPUTER but u can hear the disk rotating and sum startup sounds