Thread: Altec Lansing 4121

star Altec Lansing 4121

I recently purchased Altec Lansing 4121 BLK but its bass is uncontrollable ...i can increase it only upto 25 %...does this happen in all these speakes or only 2 my speaker...when increased its hard to sit in room with irritating waves surrounding the vicinity. It has has guarantee period of 1 yr so is this bass thing a valid reason for replace???

Re: Altec Lansing 4121

Nope, you cant just replace it because of the extra Bass sound, only in case if it is faulty at the very beginning or a specific period of time. I thought that people like the Bass effects from their speakers but you are totally opp. to them.

bass doesnt goes with sound...just random waves

Speakers cant just be replaced because of the improper bass. But I feel you should notify your vendor about this problem. If he is kind enough and if the speakers are in warranty, he may replace it or repair.

However, I have a doubt that you have set bass settings on that media player to max. and also on the speaker to the max. In such case, the bass becomes too cumbersome and hears like farted. Bass settings should be adjusted on the media player and on the speaker hardware at a certain allowable level that it gives properly.

First check for your internal settings you made in your computer for Speakers or Its Bass wavelenth, If it is all proper then you have to search for some strong reason where you could emphasize on and tell your vendor, why you wanted to change it.

Hope this helps.

ive tried configuring both my media player eqalizer and my realtek sound card eqalizer...is not helping

You just contact to your vendor regarding that problem and try to solve the problem.Because it is very difficult to give any suggestion without knowing the problem.

Many a times, a 2.1 speakers are also low in bass. Although they have certain max. level of bass settings on speaker, they can only be adjusted upto say half of its max. bass. Beyond that, bass becomes rough. I had such problem in my previous 2.1 Altec speakers. But its not there for 5.1 channel now.
    God is REAL... unless declared an INTEGER