Thread: Configuration for a Media Center PC

Configuration for a Media Center PC

Hi Everyone,
    I had a complete turn trainee home,or it no longer lacks the oar to operate. I therefore want to use it to transform it into a media center.

More precisely it will connect to a flat screen LCD (only) 32 "inch undoubtedly will be using DVB-T tuner for watching TV and the register. I should use it to surf the net but I fear that the image is not quite legible on a TV screen (even LCD)
    The question is whether the configuration will be enough to run all this.
    Athlon 3000 +, 2Gig ram mounted on a K8T NEO-V.

Pending your opinion, good day to you all!

Re: Configuration for a Media Center PC

The choice of operating system will be very important.Which OS you opted for Windows? or Linux?
    For my part I just spend my pc "media center" in Linux, and I'm not disappointed. I have a little boat to be operational on TV but the result is here.
    But for my opinion, if you opted for a Windows operating system,your PC will be as powerful. Especially if it goes over the net.. you experience any slowdown ..

Indeed, I am not asked about the system, I had the idea of starting a xp media center.
    However, I saw media center systems around Linux kernel, and it is true that I should consume fewer resources. For now I have a USB key that should certainly serve as a tuner in a first step, pending buy a card dedicated to media center (internal). I know that the key works perfectly under windows but if I go under a Linux system, I choose the map in terms of compatibility with it.

Although the operating system Linux is compatible with all devices "indispensable" I remain concerned about the tuner card. Especially if it is a USB key.
    I therefore invite you to do a search on the Web.
    Regarding the "silence" opts for a Food Brand and certification of the new 80+As:
    Seasonic
    Seasonic S12II-430HB Its price € 67.99
    Available ==>http://209.85.171.104/translate_c?hl...enIDQw2BFssEtQ