Thread: False Colour

sad False Colour

hi,
    i have a GeForce 7100 GS with a AMD Sempron 2800+ on a Asus K8V-VM (VIA K8M890 chipset) .RAM - Dynet 1GB..
    my display card where its supposed to display red it displays black have uploaded a airtel logo the red portion appers black on my screen ,but when i use my on board display every thing works fine..any idea wots exactly rong with the display card?? the only thing left is to connect a TV to the card to be sure if the port not bad

Re: False Colour

Might have corrupt vram on the 7100 is it a new install? or has the card got tweaking software for colors and temp settings these possibly arent set correctly. This maybe irrelevant if you've previously used the card before without issue. Also check the pins on the end of the monitor cable and ensure none look out of shape.

Hope this might help.
    G.luck

hi Nazz08, i think its probably a hardware issue. the video card has dedicated memory so there shouldn't be any problems unless the card is bad. Try removing any extra cards like wireless adapters and expanded firewire cards and sounds card.

Well, have you tried updating your card to the latest drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nazz08 View Post
    hi,
    i have a GeForce 7100 GS with a AMD Sempron 2800+ on a Asus K8V-VM (VIA K8M890 chipset) .RAM - Dynet 1GB..
    my display card where its supposed to display red it displays black have uploaded a airtel logo the red portion appers black on my screen ,but when i use my on board display every thing works fine..any idea wots exactly rong with the display card?? the only thing left is to connect a TV to the card to be sure if the port not bad
    this false colour is displayed when either your monitor or Graphics is corrupted. in monitor the 15-pin Vga connector pins might be bent or loose or not connected properly.if this is true then you can check that your VGA cable pins are connected or not?

thanks guys and rawko if i got a wireless keyboard n mouse if u mean by removin all wireless devices..anyway will try that also..thxx

Quote Originally Posted by Nazz08 View Post
    thanks guys and rawko if i got a wireless keyboard n mouse if u mean by removin all wireless devices..anyway will try that also..thxx
    Hi Nazz08 you said when you use onboard display card everything works fine that means might be you have not configure settings for your new graphic card. Have you checked to ensure that the onboard graphics are disabled in your BIOS? This should be automatic, but for some reason this is not always the case.

uhhm no its was working fine earlier ,it jus happened of a sudden n yea i chked the onboad graphics its disabled!! dont feel like buying a new card cause this one is working ,just cant look at the stupid blue screen ,im stuck lol btw can u guys suggest me a good card n yea im a gamer