Thread: Naughty Hard Drive

Naughty Hard Drive

My Vega / old PC has "lost" 15 gb. I hope you help me to find them again:

- First, I had dual boot with a grub-thing - a choice between win2000 and Ubuntu

- Ubuntu was awarded approximately 15 GB - I would change the partition to 10 GB using a freeware program Easeus (I think is the name)

- When I went there unpaused in changing partition (suspect due to dual-boot) so loading was interrupted and there was a melding of "error 17"

- I took forward to when I downloaded an iso file = super_grub_disk_0.9689.iso as the fix "error 17"
    ..... operation succeeds in principle. Now I can start win2000 fine and cheerful

- But now there are 15 gb with Ubuntu as can be seen in win2000 pathfinder

- but I do not have access to as the "system" and no access to the partionsprogram who volunteer "bad hard drive" (the program does not see the three partitions = drives cm windows , L drive for storage (D-Drive) or Ubuntu section)
    I can create folders in Windows Explorer on Ubuntu drive but there may indeed still be installed Ubuntu in the partition.

- I'd like Ubuntu portion deleted hectares and the 15 GB back into Windows ?????

Do you have any suggestions for how my hard disk can be good again?

I thank you in advance for any tips / ideas - preferably down in the "glow in the cardboard level" because I do not have further technical and nothing familiar to Linux-language.

Re: Naughty Hard Drive

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Computer Management -> Disk Management

Right-click the partition, create new partition and format the new partition.

Thank you for your help.

It worked out nicely. Now, I have again a good hard drive with three partitions and win2000 starts well behaved.

Hehe was given so little

Yes it helps to press the right contacts