Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2008

Why do I receive error message C00D11C9 when I try to burn a CD?

hi,Keegan here,
I dont know Why do I receive error message C00D11C9 when I try to burn a CD?. It happens when I try to burn a rewritable Cd.pls help
Old 03-11-2008

Re: Why do I receive error message C00D11C9 when I try to burn a CD?

Hi your CD-R or CD-RW drive may busy performing another operations. Wait for the drive to complete its current task, and then try again.
Old 03-11-2008

Verify that the drive is connected properly, and then try again.The CD-R or CD-RW drive may be not connected properly. sometime it happens due to improper connection cd-writer are bound to show these errors. pls make sure the connection are proper and if required clean the connectors and re-attach it properly.
Old 03-11-2008

I tried both of your methods but it did not workout could you suggest something else that i can try out.
Old 03-11-2008

if you are having above problems then The software drivers for the CD-R or CD-RW drive might be missing or corrupted. Reinstall the drivers by scanning for updates at Microsoft Windows Update or by going to the Web site of your CD drive manufacturer.otherwise The CD-R or CD-RW drive is not compatible with Windows. Check the Windows Marketplace Tested Products List to ensure that your CD drive is designed for use with Windows. If the drive is not listed, it may not work correctly.hope this will help you alot.
Old 03-11-2008

Hey effren thank really nice work by you. i just did what you said like uninstalling old drivers and download the updated version of drivers. it really help me alot and the drive is working fine thanks a lot once again.
Old 11-02-2010

i have a fairly new sony vaio.... matshita dvd ram uj870qj~ and whenever i burn CDs...it will burn a couple songs..and then fail for the rest of the songs...every now and then i get lucky and it will burn a whole CD...but mostly it wont..ive wasted soooo many CDs and its getting annoying. Ive deleted the driver..reinstalled it...doesnt work...not sure what to do!

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: ,