Thread: Brightness of 27 inch Cinema Display on Windows 7

Brightness of 27 inch Cinema Display on Windows 7

Hi all,

I just bought new 27 inch Cinema display and connected that with my existing 15 inch Macbook pro which is dual boot. I found no problem with the monitor beneath Snow Leopard and there is also no problem with the windows 7 boot partition. The only problem that I am getting is with the brightness. I am not able to get the complete brightness on my monitor under Windows. Can you tell me that what is the problem with that? If you are using the 27 inch Cinema Display and know that how can I set the full brightness for that then please let me know. Any helpful suggestion from anyone will be appreciative.

re: Brightness of 27 inch Cinema Display on Windows 7

You can try to use the latest BootCamp. This is the software that guides the user through non-destructive re-partitioning. Just search for this software on internet and download that to your computer. Install that to your system. This will also help you set the brightness for the monitor. This is great software and I am sure that you will b able to resolve the issue of brightness with your computer.

You must have got the software CD with that. Make sure that it is installed on it before you set the brightness of it. If you are not sure that you have installed it or not, then you should try to install that again to see whether it is getting overwritten or not. I think that you have not installed it on your computer and therefore you are getting the problems like that.

I am also having the problem with the brightness of the 21 inch Apple Cinema display that I am using from last one year from now. I am not able to understand that ho w can I set the brightness of the computer. My screens brightness is very high and that is why I am not able to read the text properly. The buttons that are there in the lower left of the monitor are very sensitive. There is a button on it with the Sun symbol that is for the brightness. When I touch that button then nothing changed to the screen brightness. What is the function of this button and how can I set the brightness for the monitor.

I went through one of the manual by ACD. I found that if the brightness button which is there on the monitor as you told is not working then the problem may be with the USB cable that is connected to Mac. There are some features that require this cable to be connected. Brightness control is one of that features. It is usually a DVI & USB connector.