Thread: Is wireless connection better than Powerline connerction?

Is wireless connection better than Powerline connerction?

I am planning to setup wireless connection at my place. If I have a wireless N network in my home will it be faster to connect to my network through that then going with a powerline. Please let me know.
    Thanks

As far as i know, Wireless is discouraged.....Powerline is acceptable........hard-wired is recommended. Wireless networks are sometimes(especially for the network novice) fraught with problems, Powerline can be tricky and cat5e ethernet-to ethernet port cables are straight forward and reliable.
    And on in all powerline is relatively low cost, offers highest performance possible and fasted speed through Ethernet cable upto 100 Mbps.

Well I just setup a powerline network just now with no problems at all it took 1 min to setup. I still want to get the fastest possible connection without doing hard wire as that is not possible where my router is.
    I wish directv could just send the signal through there satellite and not have to deal with this. How is the on demand is it even worth it? I am still waiting for me channels to appear I just hope this powerline connection is fast enough to view the media instantly and not having to wait for it to download.

The movies are available almost instantaneously, and there is no download time involved, since again, it's not provided via the internet. DirecTV's OnDemand is completely different in this aspect, as an internet connection is necessary, and patience is required during the extended download time.

Hope this helps