Thread: Recover Lost Data

Recover Lost Data

I am looking for a program that could recover my lost data from my hard drive. I had to reformat my hard drive to reload windows and I deleted the second hard drive in my computer where my back up data is stored. Is there a program that can get my data back in the folder not by there extension?

I had used such a software earlier. It was Easy Recovery tool. After formatting, I could see most of my previous data when scanned through this program. I tried to recover some data. It was able to recover the music files and I was so happy . But when I tried to recover some documents, like say, MS Word or PDF file, or pics...it could recover the file but with empty contents

You can search for this 'Easy Recovery tool' for download. (I had got it from a friend). The latest version of the program might have fixed the bugs and could be more effective now Try your luck on it.

Alfmeister Guest

Re: Recover Lost Data

You can often recover deleted files successfully from a PC, memory card or USB Memory stick. It all depends on what has happened since you deleted the files.

When you delete files the data itself isn’t deleted, just the index entry that tells the system where the data for those files is located. The area containing the deleted data is also now marked as free space so it is available for any new files to be written there instead.

If and when that happens, then it is too late to recover your deleted files so it is very, very important to not save any new files or data to the device concerned.

It's best to use another PC to browse the internet for a solution as internet browsing causes lots of temporary files to get written to the disk. Download any file recovery software, for example, to a memory stick, plug that in the computer with the deleted files and run it from there.

If the deleted files are on a camera memory card or USB memory stick, just don’t save any new files to it.

One of the easiest ways to see if you can recover deleted files is to try some file recovery software. A good tip is to try the free trial version of a commercial product that will scan the device for deleted files and show you exactly what can be recovered. At least that will show you if you can recover the deleted files or if it’s too late already. You can find more useful information on how to get deleted files back at
    Last edited by Amol; 09-07-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: External link removed