Thread: Keep PC on or off when not in use?

Keep PC on or off when not in use?

When work is over i got this question whether to keep it on or off?
    People say keeping computer on wear out its components!
    Is it true?
    What you say?

Well i dont think keeping PC on affects on it until you are worried about the electricity bill according to your local per unit of electricity charges.

The only thing i think people concern about is Component Longevity:
    Computers are designed to operate at consistent temperatures and have components in place just for this purpose.

HEy even i agree with mijaba.
    The only thing to concern is the cooling fan which comes chip so not a big issue.
    Yes it's hdd hard disk to worry for since the tempreture is high due to spining of its platter to a speed of approximately 10,000 rpm. It will then begin to warm up and reach an optimum operating temperature. Then the cooling fans will keep it at that temperature. Once you turn the system off, the platter spins down and the hard drive then cools to room temperature. these temperature swings along with the voltage surges when powering on can greatly reduce the life of your hard drive when shutting the system down regularly.
    if you keep your computer system longer and care about component longevity, then my recommendation to you is go ahead and leave your system running 24 hours. If you are away from it for a day or more, then go ahead and shut it down.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions guys!