Basically I am in the market to buy and build my very first computer. I have very roughly $2500 AUD to spend. I want to buy the components from a store "www.Pccasegear.com" so any info as to wether that is a good store would be helpful.
I basically want to buy a computer that can run the newer games ( not online ) for example stuff like Battlefield Modern Combat 2 and Command and Conquer Tiberium Assault. I also want to use i for multi-media so music and stuff. I will also be multi-tasking alot in terms of programs mainly but not like video-editing but yes photoshopping and video converting etc.
Do you have any suggestions as to what I would need. I am so far thinking ( very brief version ) I will run:
- A expensive motherboard lol IDK which one ( most perferably lots of PCI-E slots )
- A Intel Core2 Duo E8400 - 500 - 600 (3.0 - 3.16 - 3.33 Ghz only diff) Maybe a quad core would be good? would a Quad 2.8 GHz 12MB cache ( twice as much as E8xxx) be a good alternative?
- 4GB DDR3 RAM 1600 MHz
- 2 or 1 for now HDD's SATA or II ITB to set up software RAID array 1 or 1+0 (is RAID worth it)
- Have no clue about Grpahics Card
- Antec 1200 case most probably with 850-1000W PSU ( does PSU have to be Antec)
- Only real options (don't want OEM) is Vista Home Basic (Sp1) or Ultimate 64-bit or 32-bit (Sp1) - Baisc is around $250 while ultimate is $350
So a few questions
- how important is Gb/s in Hard Drives
- in CPU's what is "W TDP" e.g. "95W TDP"
- What is everything you need to set up TV (compatibility + cards)
- What is everything you need to set up RAID (compatibility + cards)
- What is all the safety equipment neede to build a computer e.g. AS wrist strap
- What is monitor HD-1080p capability
- do you know of any great helpful website
- What is the name of the DVD drive that can burn files and read files
- What is the name of the DVD drive that can read files (copy and paste from them)
Any answers or support would be greatly apprecieated, Thank you