Thread: Problems with X-Fi

Problems with X-Fi

Hello everyone,

After installing the Sound Blaster X-Fi (I had trouble installing then resolved by uninstalling Quick Time) and reinstalled after completing the installation of sound card.

[I think that there is incompatibilities with Quick Time, but I do not know ... I can not do without Quick Time to run the I-Pod ....]

However, after installing the sound card and reinstalled Quick Time, I-Tunes and I-pod, I have found other problems: everything working to perfection.

Periodically, however, maybe when I watch movies with Quick time on the Internet or when maybe stretch files in MPEG format [but are not absolutely sure], and after restarting the computer (problems do not occur when the PC is operating)

Suddenly I detect the sound card, does not feel anything and when I try to start audio software or programs installed with the X-Fi card appears to me the error No audio device supported available. Then need to close the application.

Reinstalled drivers (the latest available over the Internet) and restarting the system the sound card working properly.... until, who knows after which application or otherwise, the computer is not the usual mistake of audio device not recognized.

Somebody has some ideas?

I had faced the similar problem. Maybe I found the cause. CyberLink Power DVD and / or Power Cinema.

I noticed that after having watched a DVD with Power DVD or watched the TV with Power Cinema, after spend and rekindled the PC, the sound card is not detected!

What is that?

I must say that I feel strange, I use both iTunes (with attached Quicktime) PowerDVD with the X-Fi without any issues. In addition, the driver installation went as smooth despite iTunes was already present. Have you tried to verify that the card is inserted at the bottom of the PCI slots?

Edit: Have you disabled the integrated audio?

The integrated audio is disabled and the card is in good working condition.

Now that I uninstalled Power DVD everything goes smooth, although now I have new problems.

1) With Power Cinema I can no longer see TV (I Theatrix of Sapphire) perhaps because uninstalling Power DVD I also deleted some files of Power Cinema.

2) I installed InterVideo WinDVD Recorder to see DVDs and record TV (at least one program that does everything): DVDs are well and feel good, but television has no audio: you can see very well but the audio there isn't.

Even with Power Cinema early, TV was without audio, but then setting as a region instead of Germany, Italy worked perfectly. I tried all countries with WinDVD but audio of TV there is not coming.

I read somewhere on this forum that could be incompatibilities with Quick Time.

If I can run the audio from TV with WinDVD in place, I will retire CyberLink.

Nothing to do! I just turned the PC and sound card does not work....now that both Power Cinema Power DVD are uninstalled.

But what can be this?

In my view is some problem of conflict between your copy of windows and drivers of Creative, or is the card to be defective.

If you want to try creating a new partition and install a second copy of windows, then install the drivers and try to see if everything works well. If so add a program at a time and then head for a while. If all the programs work and sound card as well, the problem was your old installation of windows (sometimes simply with hardware failures at random). If one of the programs again creates the problem, write an e-mail to Creative explaining everything and expected response (or uninstall the program).

If the card also gives you problems with the new programs,That can be the motherboard problem. If you have another PC then try on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeusion View Post
    Hello everyone,

After installing the Sound Blaster X-Fi (I had trouble installing then resolved by uninstalling Quick Time) and reinstalled after completing the installation of sound card.

[I think that there is incompatibilities with Quick Time, but I do not know ... I can not do without Quick Time to run the I-Pod ....]
    Have you tried to update X-Fi from the site of Creative?

Yes I have updated all things possible. Now I installed Power Cinema to watch television (with the Theatrix) because with WinDVD Recorder not felt the audio.
    For DVD I am using WinDVD. For now the sound card takes me...should see what makes disable.

THEREFORE: For now, everything worked: television + X-FI + DVD.

Even mine was working properly 2 days earlier. Now the sound card not detected. I'll briefly explain how it behaves-

Part WIN XP Sp2, enters and feels the music opening. If I click immediately below on the console, that opens properly. But after about 30 sec from, the sound card disappears.

Then there is any conflict or anything like that, because I charge everything correctly but then the card no longer....