Thread: What to do with this broken flash drive?

What to do with this broken flash drive?

I have a usb flash drive that got damaged and now when i plug it in the computer says it can't be recognized. Is their any way to fix it or any thing else i could do with it?

I'm surprised it doesn't work! I've had three sticks go through the wash (slightly scratched), one be left outside during a hailstorm (managed to not get hit), another bent at a 45 degree angle (works perfectly) and one run over by a truck (left in the road by accident). And guess what? ALL of them worked!

Sadly I'd say that unless you're a genius in soldering and chip design you won't be able to recover your data. Sorry!

check the actual plug-in part of the drive. these things have a tendency to bend a little which will screw up connections. also, if the drive is old, there may be some other hardware issues. if you want the data on the drive then i would try to save it by screwing with the physical connection. If you just need the drive and can stand losing the files, i would toss it and get another 1. hope this helps!

Have you tried using Disk Management? It often lets you access drives that Windows can't see and/or won't let you access. Using that utility should at least allow you to format it.

Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management

Sorry if this is telling you to do something that you already know doesn't work.

Thanks alot guys! I appretiate your responce.
    Thanks Jerzy i will try Disk Management.
    Anymore suggestions?

savard1120 Guest

Re: What to do with this broken flash drive?

I had good work done on my flash drive by this company when it needed Flash Drive Repair
    Last edited by FReakMaster; 28-01-2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: spelling